Chapter 60: Jason Grace Is A Little Clueless But It's Fine

The chapter is very dialogue heavy, just so you're aware. Like probably 80% of the chapter LOL

Have fun, beautiful readers.

[TRIGGER WARNING: chapter contains mentions of suicide, suicide attempts, and suicidal thoughts. If these topics are upsetting to you, feel free to reach out to me and ask for a summary (or anything else you may need). It doesn't start until later in the chapter, so I've put a double asterisk (**) around where you should stop reading if you wish to skip. Thank you, and stay safe.]

He walked home feeling better than he had in a long time.
*****

"Piper!" Jason called out as he knocked on the girl's door, not waiting for a response before opening it.

She was laying on her stomach with her phone propped out in front of her playing what appeared to be Criminal Minds. She paused the show with a displeased look. "What? I'm busy."

"No, you're not," Jason said, his grin still very present on his face as he sat down at the foot of Piper's bed. "I kissed Percy."

Piper sat up at an absurd speed. "You what?"

"Yeah, I know," Jason laughed, still slightly in disbelief himself.

"And he kissed you back, right?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

Jason nodded quickly, smiling fondly at the memory. Finally sure it was safe to celebrate, Piper beamed at the blonde.

"Took you long enough," she joked.

He rolled his eyes at her. "Well, now I wish I would've done it sooner."

"Does that mean he's a good kisser?" Piper asked, obviously just trying to mess with her friend.

Jason sighed blissfully. "It doesn't even matter, Pipes. As long as it's him."

Piper laughed at him. "You've kissed the boy one time and you're already fucking whipped."

The blonde shot her a half-hearted glare. "Shut up."

Before either of them could say anything else, Thalia pushed the door open enough to poke her head in. "I'm filing a noise complaint, rotten teenagers."

"Jason kissed his best friend!" Piper exclaimed quickly, yelping when Jason shoved her off the bed.

With her face morphing into surprise, Thalia decided to step all the way into the room. "Did you really?"

Jason leaned over to look at Piper, who made no effort to get up from where she was laughing on the floor. "You weren't supposed to tell her, stupid!"

"You never said that," Piper defended herself.

"Just to be clear," Thalia inserted herself into the conversation, "we are talking about Percy, right? Not Leo?"

Jason gave her a confused look. "I'd never kiss Leo."

She sighed in what seemed to be relief. "Thank the gods. If there was ever a chance that Valdez would be my brother-in-law—"