Chapter 51: Percy's Like My Friend When We Did Distance Learning But No Corona

Hello, beautiful readers. Enjoy.

It's official now, I guess. I have a stupid crush on Percy Jackson.
*****

Jason wished he would've kept his mouth shut about liking Percy. After being asked question after question from Piper and Leo, the latter finally went back home, and the former left to hang out with Annabeth. The blonde hadn't moved from where he was laying across the couch, but he twisted his neck to gaze at his sister sitting nearby.

"What about you?" Jason questioned reluctantly.

Thalia scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"You were awfully quiet while those two asked questions," Jason shrugged. "You usually have something to add."

The older of the two shook her head. "You'll tell me what you want me to know. As long as you're happy, that'll be enough for me."

The blonde sighed, shifting his gaze to the ceiling. "He talked to me, Thals. Like his actual voice."

"Good," Thalia responded unhelpfully. "What'd he say?"

"Is that not shocking to you?" Jason frowned, pausing briefly as a new thought crossed his mind. "Have you already heard him?"

Thalia's hesitance answered his question by itself, but the boy's sister thankfully elaborated. "When he came by to try and find you after they arrested Gabe, he found out I called the police. He tried to thank me, but he couldn't really get the words out. That was all I heard from him, though."

Jason nodded, confirming he'd heard her. "He didn't say much, obviously. Just thanked me and, uh, said my name because I was spacing out."

Thalia raised her eyebrows at her brother but decided not to comment. "Well, let me know if you need any wingwoman services. I'm always available unless I'm not. Good luck, little brother."

She patted his head once on the way out and trudged upstairs to her room without another word. Jason sighed, running a hand through his hair.

This was going to be interesting.

*****

It was days before Jason saw Percy again. Sally took the boy to a doctor and confirmed that Percy did, indeed, have a minor concussion. He missed the entire school week following the diagnosis, and the only time Jason even came close to seeing him was when he dropped off Percy's books at his apartment. Of course, he wanted to go talk to Percy and keep him company, but he mainly communicated with the other boy through their phones. Screens were off-limits for Percy for a few days, and in turn, so was Jason.

When Percy showed up again the next week, though, Jason had to restrain himself from tackling the boy in a bear hug. He'd missed the quiet green-eyed boy more than he thought. Instead, he calmly approached Percy's locker, leaning next to it as Percy transferred most of his books back into the space. Jason told Percy some of the things he'd been missing, making sure to include some humorous accounts of Piper and Leo's antics. Percy listened intently, occasionally throwing in a smile or an eye roll.

Eventually, Jason decided he'd informed his friend of all the important events during his absence and moved on with the conversation. "Do you want to come over later?"

Percy glanced over questioningly. Jason noticed and continued speaking, "I haven't seen you in forever, Perce."

Although his smile blew his cover, Percy shook his head at the blonde, shooting him a quick text. I have so much homework.

Jason waved off the excuse. "I'll help you with it."

At that comment, Percy seemed surprised. Really?

"Yeah, why not?" Jason shrugged. His schedule was completely clear, and he was willing to spend more time on schoolwork if it meant he got to spend time with Percy.

Percy nodded at the other boy with a small sigh. Jason offered to drive him to his house directly from school, and after briefly consulting his mother, Percy agreed. Soon, the bell rang, and the two were forced to separate and go on with the school day.

*****

"I have absolutely no memory of doing this," Jason stared blankly at one of Percy's physics assignments.

Percy glanced up from his trig with a small frown. If Jason didn't know how to do it, then Percy was definitely screwed. He closed his eyes, pressing two fingertips to each of his temples. His frustration was quickly forgotten when Jason placed a hand on Percy's knee, though.

"Hey," the blonde said, "you've got this. We've got this. More importantly, I've got Annabeth's number on my phone."

After calling said genius and figuring out how to do Percy's science, the boys hung up and returned to their work. Well, Percy's work.

Instead of subjecting Percy to the torture of reading the twelve chapters he'd missed in English class, Jason just told him what happened while Percy conquered his history.

In the midst of all their hard work, Jason discovered that none of the teachers were being particularly understanding of Percy's situation. Most of them wanted the work done by the next day, Tuesday. Some were generous enough to make their work due on Wednesday, though.

The blonde wasn't too happy about this new information, but he decided to let go of his distaste towards the teachers and just do a couple of Percy's assignments for him. Percy tried to protest against it, but Jason quickly shot him down and got started on one of the boy's other English assignments.

Once eleven o'clock rolled around, it was implied that Percy would be spending the night. Jason agreed to drive him by the apartment the next morning for him to change and do whatever else he needed to get ready.

By midnight, Percy was still stressing out about his work. Jason had given up about thirty minutes prior, sitting against his headboard and admiring Percy as he crawled through his avalanche of assignments.

After much effort and persuasion, Percy finally agreed to put his books away and go to sleep. The green-eyed boy set his bag by the bedroom door, spinning on his heels and walking back to the bed afterwards. Jason beckoned the other boy in his direction, quickly wrapping Percy in both the blanket he was covered in and his arms. Percy just smiled at the interaction, cuddling up closer to the blonde for warmth. He'd more or less accepted his fate when it came to Jason. The boy was a cuddler, no doubt about it.

For now, all he could do was enjoy it.

Definitely more of a filler chapter compared to the more recent eventful ones, but I thought a little break would be nice. Hope that was okay for y'all.

Thanks for reading! Have an amazing day!