Harper's Sister

Chapter Warning: Possible Trigger Warning for upsetting content.

--- Connor's Point of View ---

I left the house, I hated leaving her and Alice with Austin, I was pissed that he decided to come home right at that time, I mean could his timing be worse than that.

I knew if I had more time with her she would have left with me tonight – and I would have them with me – safe.

I knew the baby was his, but when I held her I found that it didn't matter that this baby was his, Alice was hers as well and I already adored her for it.

I continued to walk down the street and went right out of the gate, I knew he wouldn't come back outside so I meandered my way down his long driveway, not in any hurry.

Not that I think Austin was dangerous to them – far from it, he loved his daughter and Ashe – and she was right, he would have killed me if he saw me in his house – shot me right in the face, and he would get away with it.

The thing that pissed me off the most was that I knew that he had some kind of control over her that I never had – and it was maddening.

But I knew that she needed time away from him. Our relationship wasn't perfect, but his relationship with her is toxic and she was staying with him despite that.

I pulled out my phone and watched the cameras in the house – I watched as they talked, she looked upset, I had never seen them fight like this before.

I watched as he held his daughter in his arms, and holding them out she stepped into his hug and he held them both.

I sighed, had he manipulated her to keep her with him again? I bet he just did – as I said, he had a pull and power over her that I never had.

I might be an asshole and a monster getting involved, but I fucking loved her – I loved her more than I should – more than is normal and healthy. I would stop at nothing to have her.

I am playing a long con here – and I had no intention of giving up.

I decided that I needed to get a portable crib and a few baby things at my house – just in case she did come to be I wanted to be able to take care of Alice as well as her.

My phone rang, I saw it was Harpers sister – I didn't have her name in my phone, so I honestly didn't know it. I didn't answer it, after a moment a text came though.

Slut's Blond Sister

I don't know if you care, but she is having the baby a little bit early, she's upset because she can't get a hold of Austin.

I laughed out loud, fucking perfect timing.

--- Ashe's Point of View ---

He continued to kiss me – slipping his tongue in – he tasted like beer and cigarettes – not a bad taste just odd combination, even after Alice let out some fussy whines at being lightly squished against her father.

He pulled back and she looked up at him, her eyes wide and I swear she was pouting.

"Sorry Pumpkin."

I smiled in spite of myself, he always called her cute little pet names that I just loved.

"Can we talk later - it's her naptime..."

The moment after I said that our daughter yawned and did a tiny stretch with her arms.

"I'll put her down."

"I'm going for a nap as well..."

So many emotions had gone though my body and mind I found myself exhausted without having moved very much. He gave me a huge smile, I looked him over closely - he really was handsome.

"I'll join you when I get her down."

With that he took our daughter to her room and I went to ours.