Blue Blanket

--- Austin's Point of View ---

We made it to the hospital in record time, her sister lead me up to her room that wasn't far from the front door.

When we walked down the hall I could tell tiny cried of a baby, we walked into a dimly lit room and saw Harper looking worse for wear.

She was sitting up in bed holding a blue blanket, there was a huge grin on her face, she looked like shit - I wondered how Ashe looked so good after having a baby and Harper looked like she just rolled in garbage.

Her sister walked over with a pep in her stop to her and peeked into the bundle.

"He came quicker than we thought he would, come meet your son Austin."

A boy? I had what could be called a very sexist emotional response, it was excited that it was a boy - if it was mine after all.

"We are not sure he's my son, my lawyer is going to be here soon with an independent doctor, you will sign a paper giving them permission to take your, mine, and the baby's DNA - it will be brought back in about two days."

She gave me what could only be explained as a shit eating grin.

"I'm sure he's yours, you don't want your son knowing you refused to hold him when he was first born."

She gently held out the tiny bundle to me, that was a shitty thing to say, basically blackmail.

I sighed, yeah, there was no harm in holding a baby, walking over I gently took him from her arms.

I walked over to the other end of the room where the light was better and looked down into the baby's face, when the light hit his face he opened his eyes.

Shit. They were my eyes - without a doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I was still going to get the DNA test to confirm, but I knew, some fatherly instinct told me this baby was in fact mine.

"Hey Champ."

I said down in a chair by the window, rocking him gently.

"I can tell by your expression you saw his eyes, told you so."

I looked up at Harper, wanting to wipe that smug look off of her face. I was terrified to leave this child with someone like her.

I laid him down on my lap and legs and opened the blanket, looking him over, he looked well built and healthy, thank god.

"So, what should me name our son?"

--- Ashe's Point of View ---

I packed both me and Alice a small bag, when Connor drove up I carried out the car seat with Alice in it.

He walked up and smiled at me, looking down at Alice he went right for the car seat.

"Hey sweetheart...you ready to go?"

Taking her gently he instantly opened the back of his car, I watched as he set up the car seat and gently placed her in the back, I watched as Alice cooed at his attention and he kissed her tiny hand.

I walked up to the car and he turned to face me, taking my bad and putting it on the floor under Alice.

He wrapped one arm around my waist and kissed my cheek, I found myself nuzzling against him.

"Are you sure about this Ashelia, this is going to hurt him immensely?"

I looked back at the house, it was huge, everything that I had gone though flashed though my eyes, all the pain and suffering he had caused.

"I'm sure, honestly I haven't had a moment to step back and think things over and deal with a few traumas, and now with Harper... I think I need to do just that."

"I do to, I'm scared about the stress and your daughter feeling that stress, let's go, we are going someplace private..."