Chapter 40 -I Love You

"Nothing is worth it if you aren't happy"

-Unknown

-

Alana's POV

"Dad? What are you doing? Mum?"

My father was coming at me with a whip and my mother stood behind me, diagonally in my line of sight just watching.

Then suddenly everything was on fire and my father emotionlessly looked at me, "It's all your fault."

Then everything went up in flames and when I looked towards my mother, she was burning up in all the fierce arms of the inferno/

-

"ALANA! WAKE UP!" Trevor finally shook me awake.

I couldn't move.

I was frozen in place on the bed and none of my four limbs could even be lifted off the bed.

I was locked in my body again.

I felt hot tears streaming down the sides of my face, reeling from another night terror. I felt them flow all the way down, streaming through my hair, mixing with the cold sweat that drenched it.

Every time that this happens, Trevor would just embrace me and stroke my hair until I regain control of my body again.

When I finally feel my limbs relaxed, I stretched my fingers just to reassure myself that I'm back in control. I melted into Trevor's embrace, trying to get rid of all the memories of my night terror.

Ever since the going to the prosecutions' office to write a statement, my night terrors significantly worsened over a week.

Sessions with Nora would be me telling her all the details but as I recite the details vividly, the next night terror becomes more realistic.

It was a vicious cycle that didn't want to end.

I just wanted everything to be over.

Trevor whispered words of comfort lovingly and hearing the lull of his voice, I pulled myself closer into his chest and found myself droning off into a dreamless sleep.

-

After waking up from that, it was time for another session today.

I hated sessions. I was just going to talk about all these again...

I walked up to Trevor and looked at him, earnestly begging, "Trevor...can we stop with all the sessions? I don't...feel like it helps..."

Trevor placed his hands on my shoulders and then pulled me into an embrace, replying, "Snowflake? It'll be different today I promise. Everything will work out fine."

Different?

It piqued my curiosity but it also made me doubt whether Trevor was telling the truth.

I knew he wanted me to feel better but I felt like I was rolling in my grave already.

-

Trevor's POV (Few days back)

"Hello Doctor Ang. I have heard about the exchange between you and Nora for the prescription of medicine for Alana. Will it really help her?" I questioned as I sat down opposite Doctor Ang, a psychologist.

"Yes Mr Knight. It would help make her sleep more peaceful as well as she will able to get actual rest. Normally we wouldn't go so far as to prescribe medication but her condition after analysing with Nora, it seems to be getting a little out of hand. We would want to get it under control and then get her off it again." Dr. Ang explained.