Chapter 7 -The Contract

"You can't make a good deal with a bad person."

-Warren Buffett

-

Alana's POV

As I quietly opened the small gate leading into the house, I started to feel a little nervous like always when I sneak out.

Is my father awake? What if I get caught? He won't be awake now right...?

My palms were starting to get sweaty and I shakily grabbed the door handle and pulled it open. The house was dead silent and I instantly knew my father was still sleeping. My helper, Rosemary, would have been in the kitchen cooking and setting up the table if he were awake.

I crept down the basement stairs and entered my room. I took a really short shower and bandaged my wounds again. Seeing the horrific sight of blood, I couldn't help but cringe. All the bandages were stained red and when I took a look at my back in the mirror, some wounds were still open.

Funny how you feel the pain only after you do something that causes it. I never feel the pain when running but after stopping, the pain washes over me.

After getting comfy on the thin mattress on the floor that I call my bed, I feel asleep, letting the darkness wash over me while silently saying a short prayer that the night terrors won't come after me again.

Please leave me alone...

-

Maxwell's POV

Today is the day we were going to sign the contract on RiverFord.

I got out of my car and walked into the lift and went straight up to the office on the top floor to wait for Braxton to arrive.

I gave up my position to Trevor already and retired. My office is now his and I am so proud of my son for growing the company to what it is today and doing his best to achieve greater heights.

I opened the door to Trevor's office and I raised my hand up as a form of greeting. He just nodded his head and continued typing away on his computer without a word.

What a son...

-

After a while of waiting in silence (thanks to my son being busy and totally neglecting his father), I was notified by Trevor's secretary who was my ex-secretary that Braxton arrived. Trevor and I got up and walked to the meeting room to sign the contract.

"Hello there Max, how are ya doing? Hello Trevor." Braxton greeted me in a professional tone.

My son just nodded his head in acknowledgement. Seriously, my son needs to just open his mouth for once. He ain't mute or anything.

I just replied, "Doing well man. I am ready to sign the contract, are you?"

Braxton nodded his head and we exchanged our individual contracts to go over the terms. Trevor and I looked over the terms carefully, ensuring it was what we agreed on and looking out for any mistakes or any conditions that were vague.

After checking, all of us found no problems at all and the contract was signed. We exchanged the contracts and shook our hands to close off the signing of the contract.

"Aye my man, look forward to doing business with ya." I told him. Braxton was well known as a very professional businessman and I can definitely see why.

Braxton nodded his head and gave a small smile. Trevor just shook Braxton's hand, again without saying a word at all.

To do business, breaking the ice is important. This deal is lasting for just about 5 years which is considerably long...

"Why not we go and get a drink?" I suggested.

Braxton and Trevor both agreed and we went down to the café that was in the company.

-

After ordering coffee, we sat down and I started to engage both Trevor and Braxton in small talk. I mostly just talked about how the contract will benefit us all and how I am looking forward to the success of both companies.

Suddenly while talking about having good relations with each other, a great idea popped into my head.

While Trevor and Braxton were just talking, I excitedly interrupted, "How about your daughter marry my son?"

Braxton looked really confused and my son was giving me the "Dad you're going senile" look.

I couldn't contain the joy I felt with my idea that could make anyone go "eureka".

I explained, "Well that would make us in-laws which could form a strong foundation to build our good relations on. Five years is a long way to go and if the relationship can last forever, wouldn't that be great? At the gala they even danced together! At this point, It's fate!"

Braxton's face immediately went stone cold and his figure was stiff. He stated, "Well I am not sure if my daughter would want to marry your son. I believe relationships are built on love and not just arranged like this."

I agreed with him but rebutted, "They can just get to know each other. Let's set a meeting for next Saturday lunch!"

I stared at Braxton, anticipating his reply but only to see his eyes narrowing at Trevor. I thought nothing much of it.

He must be overprotective of his daughter. That's an intense glare he's got going on there.

-

Braxton's POV

That whore. She definitely seduced Trevor and got his father to come and ask for her hand in marriage to escape me.

What a nice plan she has got going on. I will just pretend to be okay with this plan and ultimately make my daughter herself reject the whole idea. That would definitely shut down this old geezer's plans.

"Sure Maxwell. Send me the details closer to the date. Thanks." I replied him curtly.

With that, I bid farewell to the father and son. Maxwell seemed to be really ecstatic as he pat me on the shoulder and said his goodbyes but his son just nodded his head again, keeping a straight face on.

Turning away, I walked towards the exit, swearing to myself that I will stop Maxwell's delusional idea from becoming a reality. I was seething with anger inside, wondering how I should deal with Alana. Escaping from me? Never.

I got into my car and soon I was on the way back home. All I could see was red and how I was going to get Alana for this.

Oh you bitch, I'm coming.

-

Hello! I recently got my first vote amidst writing this chapter and I am truly really grateful. I was so happy I stopped mid writing and jumped around hehe.
I will try to upload daily or once every 3 days depending. I am just happy there are people actually following the story.
I'm on holidays now so I will try to upload as often as I can :D

How was this chapter? I wrote in a new perspective to get the whole contract thing going.
What will happen to Alana? Will she be safe? Where does Trevor come in to play?

Query:
How many chapters do y'all wish this book has? (Current I am not too sure how many I will write but I will just develop the story to the best of my ability and go from there)
Please answer hehe so I can get a nice gauge :D

Until we meet again! :D