Chapter 13 -Being There

"Sometimes just being there is enough..."

-Unknown

-

Trevor's POV

She needed me to stay...

Upon hearing what she had just said, my heart skipped a beat. It made butterflies soar and fly around everywhere in my stomach.

I was really happy that she thought of me as someone she could rely on.

I briefly nodded my head and went to pull out a chair and sat down beside her bed. She lay down under her fluffy blanket and clung onto my left hand as tight as if her life had depended on it.

Soon her eyes were droopy and she fell asleep not before giving my arm a squeeze that I guess was intended to show her gratefulness for me being there for her.

I just stared at her sleeping figure. She looked so serene. Her pale face that the moonlight reflected off from the windows seemed to glow with a certain beauty that was indescribable.

I reached out my right hand, wanting to stroke her cheek but I clenched my fist it before I did. It felt a little weird to be touching her face as we barely knew each other.

I just had this urge...

-

After making sure Alana was deep in sleep, I wanted to leave. I tried pulling my hand away for her to cling on to it tighter. I realised that I wasn't going to be leaving the room today so I just sat on the floor and rested my head on the side of the bed.

After a short while, my eyelids were getting heavy. The rain was pouring down like it was trying to destroy houses and flood the earth. The thunder was horrendously loud and I think a few buildings outside were going through a power outage as the lights there had suddenly went out.

It was the perfect weather for people to be waking up, shocked at how heavy the rain was and trying to ignore the noise and get enough sleep to wake up for work tomorrow.

My eyes then closed shut and I drifted off into a dreamless sleep, where days of tiredness were being cleansed away.

-

Alana's POV

Mmm...ugh what's this hard thing I'm holding on to...?

My eyes slowly fluttered open, adjusting to the morning sun shining right in from the large windows. Having such a large window as a wall sure has its cons...

I slightly raised the arm I was holding on to and when my eyes traced back to whose hand it was. I quickly let go of the hand and held back a scream. My mouth was open wide but not a sound came out.

Trevor...He...Wait...Why...?

Suddenly, flashbacks of last night (or well early morning) came flooding into my mind.

-

**Flashback**

"I...need...you...to...stay..."

-

**Back to Present**

I smacked a hand over my mouth to hold in another scream.

I ACTUALLY SAID THAT? I literally must've been out of my mind...

I was momentarily just stunned.

I took a look at his very peaceful appearance while he slept, making me feel warm inside knowing even though he isn't in the best position to sleep, he's having a good rest.