Chapter 6 -The Start of Something

"Important encounters are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other"

-Paulo Coelho

-

Alana's POV

Talking to Trevor transported me into a different world. A world where only this bridge, waterfall and lake exist.

The sound of the water crashing down followed by the quiet flow of the water streaming down into the lake and just the sound of his voice, made me forget all the bad things I had gone through in my life.

Just his voice...

Although I felt that the talk was really boring, I could see by the crease of his brows that he was trying to keep the conversation going. I just gave really vague answers while I kept my eyes closed, solely trying to just focus on his voice.

I could feel that there was an invisible string just tugging me to open up to him right here and right now but I held myself back. No one will really understand me anyways.

In the middle of his "What is your favourite...", I opened my eyes, turned to face him and cut him off, "What is holding you back from becoming the person you wanna be you, Mr Billionaire, wants to be normal."

Upon hearing what I just said, I could see how taken aback he was. He turned to look at me and when I matched his eye level, he had the look where he was trying to stare into my soul and understand what I was thinking when I asked him that question.

After what seemed like an eternity of staring, he just simply dismissed, "Nothing that you should be concerned of."

At this, I knew that he was closing himself off but I could see a battle in his eyes, showing he wanted to confess why he felt that way but again he couldn't.

He's sorta like me in a way...

Again, the silence fell between the two of us. It was slightly unsettling because my question definitely threw us off. He did not continue to stare at me, instead he just looked into the horizon again, seemingly deep in thought.

I just kept mum and stared off into the horizon with no thoughts occupying my head, just watching the clouds clear and the moon slowly go down

-

Trevor's POV

No one has ever asked me that question...

I was really confused and flustered that she would ask me what is stopping me from being normal like how the "commoners" live.

All I wanted was just to be able to be free from all the expectations that everyone had of me as CEO. It must be nice to just be normal...

A different kind of stress, a different kind of worry and a different kind of happy.

Throughout my whole life, I was weighed down with the pressure of doing the best at school and graduating top of Averna's best university in business just to show I was able to take over the company.

The struggles were real especially when I failed a few times in a row because my body just couldn't handle the stress. I did have and still have anxiety attacks but I never really told anyone. I really wanted to tell her though...

Her gaze seemed to tell me that all would be fine and everything will turn out the way I want. I nearly spilled the beans to her but then again, why should I tell her...

Will she really understand me?

As a daughter of a CEO, I am sure she was not pressurised to take over the company but for me? A whole different story.

I really love my family and all but the expectations they put on me just took a toll and built up over time. I never really seeked help or anything because I felt that no one would be able to truly understand me or even bother to listen to me.

The silence between us was filled with a little tension but I guess it was me that caused it when I said it was none of her business to know.

I glimpsed at her and saw her eyeing the scenery with a certain peace. She looked so relaxed which made me want to stare more.

I was sincerely curious about her and I really wanted to know more about her...

-

Alana's POV

After what seemed like hours, I could see the sun peeking out from the corner and I urgently asked, "Hey Trevor, what time is it?"

He told me it was going to be half past six.

I immediately exclaimed, "Oh! I need to go back now before anyone notices I am missing...Bye!" and I started to take off.

My father normally wakes up at 7 to go to the office for work. Even though it was a Saturday, he still works. I think it is just the fact he hates to stay in the same breathing space as me, so he finds a reason to leave the house every single day.

I really couldn't let him find out I still sneak out like this. The last time I lost track of time and didn't come back in time, I was given a real bad punishment. I really don't want that to happen after yesterday. My whole body just hurts and thankfully Trevor can't see anything.

As I was running away, a deep voice said, "Bye Snowflake!"

I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see Trevor smirking.

Wow that's hot

I shook my head, shaking off the thought and asked, "Snowflake?"

Trevor shrugged his shoulders, raised his brows and replied coolly, "Sunshine is overrated, don't ya think?"

Upon hearing that, my cheeks flushed and my heart skipped a beat.

What is he doing to me? We literally just met and I am feeling like this already...

Without a reply, I turned around and started to run. I slowly picked up my speed and ran towards my house trying not to overthink about what Trevor said.

I could faintly hear a chuckle which seemingly belonged to Trevor. Jerk...He probably knows the effect his words had on me

What am I feeling and why am I feeling this way...? Why only with him?

-

Trevor's POV

Look at her running away.

Seeing her cheeks flush and getting all nervous literally made something inside me stir. Although, I did not know what it is, I really want to find out. Only with her...

With that, I started to stroll back to my house to be in time for breakfast.

I chuckled and thought, until we see each other again Snowflake...

-

Chap 6? DONE!
I am honestly really proud of this chapter and the development from chapter 5.

Finally we know more about Trevor now ;)
Trevor finally calls Alana Snowflake :D
Wait for the upcoming chapters cause things will only get more interesting.

Thanks for reading my story because I uploaded this early 2020 but like stopped and after revising my story, I am here in Dec 2020 to make sure I upload a top quality one (at least I think it is)

Enjoy!