Chapter 15 -A Deal

"Whatever will be, will be."

-Doris Day

-

Alana's POV

'How...Wait....Where...No...Wait...but...How..." I stuttered out, too shocked to even question why Trevor was coming out of the house.

Trevor had the exact same reaction. He stood rooted to the ground, his eyes were wandering about, seemingly formulating what to say. His gaze held a mix between bewilderment and anger.

Shit...I wasn't supposed to find this place right...?

While I was still panicking in my mind, Trevor took big strides towards me, dried up leaves crunching under him with every step he took, instilling fear in me with each step he took.

He had a menacing look in his eyes as he gritted out, "Follow me."

All I did was nod and followed him through the passageway back into the house, too scared to speak.

-

He went straight to the living room and was pacing around angrily while his hands kept on running through his already messed up hair. He slightly kicked the sofa, venting out quite a bit of anger.

I just stood at the corner, praying he would calm down and not lash out at me. In this moment, he sort of reminded me of my dad...

Please...I know he is different....Is he?

-

Trevor's POV

I walked around the living room silently, trying to calm myself down.

She must have snooped around while I was gone! How...How did she even find the place? I singlehandedly built the whole passageway to the house so that no one would find out. She found it and she was barely in this house for a day?

Four years ago, I had found out a forest was behind my house. When I walked there to get a gist of what it would look like before the government develops it (Orchard Village had no forests at all).

I was hooked by the peace and quiet the forest provided me and I decided to build a passageway leading to a house that I would build. I spent a whole year building everything but the results paid off in the end because it became my safe haven.

Whenever I faced a stressful issue or I just wanted to get away somewhere where no one could find me, I would always just go there to destress. It gave me the peace and quiet I needed as well as the comfort.

I spent so much time there at my safe haven that I had some kind of spiritual connection with it. Having someone else knowing about it made me feel very uncomfortable and the thought of Alana just going around my house without my permission flared me up even more.

Did she find anything else?

-

After much effort to calm down, I said curtly, "You were snooping around, weren't you?" I immediately regretted my words after looking at how afraid she looked and I hated myself, knowing I was the cause of her fear.

Alana looked down at the floor, biting her lip until I saw it draw blood. She then muttered out, "I...I...I'm sorry...Please...don't...hurt me..."

Hurt her? Wait why would she think that?

All of my anger dissipated in that moment and curiosity took over. Did someone hurt her real bad? Is that why she tried to jump off the bridge? She is definitely hiding something...