Chapter 17 -Nightmare

"Who needs the dark ambience of the night when nightmares can collapse you in broad daylight?"

-Kaulab Basu

-

Alana's POV

I was on the way to work and while I was on the bus, looking out of the window, I couldn't help but smile at the thought of Trevor's hand in mine.

He held my hand for a really long time at that too. The simple interaction of just holding hands made me feel lightheaded and the smile on my face could not go away.

Along with the nice time with Trevor, the house tour he gave me pushed me a step closer to getting the plan to succeed.

Life was actually going great right now. I wish it would last forever.

-

Upon reaching work, I had nothing special going on today except that there was an important client that was coming. His name is John Snow, one of the richest investor in Averna and today he was coming to our company to sign a contract to invest in us.

Everyone in the company was on their toes especially my father who was really jumpy and seemed to lash out at everybody that came in his way. My father had called me to his office first thing upon my arrival at work to ask me to satisfy him no matter what.

There was a lot of gossip circulating around today too. A lot of employees had warned me of John Snow. They did not say much but they warned me to stay far away from him.

He can't be that bad right...?

I went about my day, preparing for the meeting later at 6 which should last about an hour and I would be able to leave for home around 7.

I assembled all the documents needed and placed them neatly in the meeting room as well as placed bottled water at each seat. Then I went back to work, slightly dreading and anticipating the meeting later.

-

When the time for the meeting came, I escorted John Snow and his secretary to the meeting room where my father awaited them.

After introductions, the two men sat down facing each other and switched on their "business mode". Only four of us were in the room but the tension in the atmosphere was so thick that it made breathing difficult. John Snow's secretary and I just stood on the right side of each businessman while keeping a straight face.

This meeting has to go well...

After much silence while reading the contracts, I thought they would start discussing about the terms and conditions. However, John Snow pulled out the chair beside him and he turned up to look at me.

He stroked his white beard slowly and with a smirk, he gestured to me while saying with his deep voice, "You. Come and sit here."

I looked at my father who glared at me and gestured with his eyes indicating that I should follow his orders immediately and so I quickly went over and sat down.

John Snow pulled the chair in, leaving no distance between his chair and mine. He started talking to my father about the terms and conditions in the contract in a serious manner when suddenly I felt something on my knee.

I looked down to see John Snow's hand on my knee caressing it in circles while keeping a straight face. His secretary was just looking away, seemingly like he experienced all this before. I felt unnerved and fearful. Due to the uncomfortableness, I started to squirm a little to move away, only for John Snow to ride his hand a little higher to my mid thigh.