Chapter 8 -Why Me?

"At the end of the day, some people are just shit, no matter how you wish they weren't, they just are. Nothing you say or do will ever change that."

-Unknown

-

Braxton's POV

Upon reaching home, I got out of my car, taking big strides, I headed right into the house, just slamming the door behind me. The first thing I saw was Alana slowly munching on toast that Rosemary prepared for her.

Bitch...After all that you've done, you're getting comfortable now right?

"Alana. Get. Your. Ass. Here. Now." I said firmly.

I could see the visible tremble of her lips as she placed her toast down and got up. She was shaking nonstop and clenching and unclenching her fists, seemingly trying not to have a nervous breakdown. That's right Alana darling, you better be scared of me. Your plan to escape me was quite good, I admit, but there's no way I will ever let you leave.

I raised my hand at a 45 degree angle and slapped her hard, mustering all the force inside my body to execute this movement. She instantly fell onto the floor, holding her left cheek, where a handprint was starting to form.

That immediately gave me satisfaction. She was really going to get it today.

Oh darling daughter, be prepared.

-

Alana's POV

That slap hurt. It was different. This time I knew he was taking out all the accumulated rage he had towards me over the years. Something must have happened at work today...

He normally would be home a little later and I would just stay out of sight so he would not vent the frustrations of the day on me.

"HOW DID YOU SEDUCE HIM?" My father bellowed.

I looked at him, begging for an explanation because I really did not know what he was talking about. He kept going on about how I had a plan to escape him and how I would never be able to.

I know dad...I've tried to escape countless times but you've always found me...

I had tried to escape a total of 3 times. First time was when I was 16 (two years after the fire with my mum) where I tried to report domestic violence to the police. Of course, my father had stopped that. The other two times was when I tried to run away to another state myself but my dad had hired people who found me within a day.

I could never escape you father...

My father kept on kicking me in the stomach as I just lay there numbly on the floor without a chance to even utter a word. I kept trying to ask for a context behind this beating but to no avail. The force of his kicks started to cause blood to come out of my mouth.

The taste of blood? Familiar. It was just tasted like a metal or some sorts. It wasn't pleasant but nothing I wasn't used to.

He still had his shoes on and he was just kicking me with the heels with all the strength he had. Each time he raised his leg, I wish that someone was here to stop him.

Rosemary probably already left the house. She was told by my father to leave every time he would abuse me. Of course he did not say abuse but just "disciplining my daughter". Rosemary was definitely smart enough to not stay.

-

While my father was venting his anger and shouting out incoherent words, I picked up some words from him.

"Dance!...Why!...Stay low!...Married!...Escape!...No way!" My father lashed out.

Dance and lay low? Does he mean from the gala...What happened? Oh yea...Signing of the contract was today. Wait...Married? Who again?

Am I getting married?

Realisation probably flashed through my eyes and my father definitely took it as if I found out I knew he knows of my plan.

"Yes girl. Marry Trevor Knight equals to escaping me isn't it? That's why you danced with him that day? What a whore." My father glared at me.

I shook my head in fear, mumbling "no" the whole way. My father took it as if I was playing innocent and decided to walk towards the kitchen. He took out a lighter and came back.

A lighter? What is he doing with that? It can't be...

He switched it on and I was able to see a faint blue flame coming from the hole of the lighter. He flung me on my stomach where I groaned out in pain from the new bruises and wounds I got from the kicks. He started to burn my skin with the lighter. He held the flame over one spot for a minute before moving on.

I could feel my whip slashes were opening again and the skin unaffected were now tearing open. He had never done this before...

The pain was something that was indescribable. You know how you can put your hand in boiling hot water and it will feel a little cold but suddenly, the heat hits you and it lasts for a really long time no matter how you try to stop it? Yea, it was that kind of feeling.

At this point, black dots were dotting my vision and I started seeing stars. I silently wished that all this was a dream and when I wake up, I will see my mum and dad happily going out together for a picnic like we used to...

-

After what seemed like an eternity, he threw the lighter away.

He grabbed my ear and pulled me up towards him so he could whisper, "Next Saturday, we are meeting the Knights. Maxwell wants you to marry Trevor. Nice plan you had but on that day you are going to reject the marriage and come back home with me."

I merely just nodded my head to prevent anything else from happening. I was nearly reaching my breaking point. I couldn't take anymore pain...It just hurt too much.

He let go of my ear harshly and just went up the stairs and into his room.

I just lay there on the floor, not knowing what to feel.

The pain was so bad I couldn't pick myself up to go back into the room. It just hurt all over.

Why me?Did I do something so wrong in my past life to suffer this way? I really wish this was some horrible nightmare and I could go back to when I was 14. Seriously though...Why me? Just why?...

Soon the darkness overcame me and there I lay on the floor, praying my sleep could be peaceful at least.

-

Hey I'm done!
This chapter was more heavy on the abuse but the next one will be a bit lighter and with Trevor so hope you enjoyed this one!
I was trying to build it towards the climax which I guess would be when the 4 of them meet to discuss marriage and how Alana will say no.
Will she?

Wait and see ;D
-
Sorry I can only upload one chapter today...It's like 2am here and normally I write till 4 but I have tuition so please bear with me
I'll try to upload 2 tmr :D