Chapter 10 -Life's a Joke

"I hope life isn't a big joke, cause I don't get it"

-Jack Handey

-

Alana's POV

Time seriously flies.

I've been cooped up at home these few days and it is already Saturday. The day my father and I were going to meet the Knights.

I seriously can't do this...

As I got changed into the princessy blue laced dress that my father threw in front of my door for me to wear for the lunch.

As I was combing my hair, my mind flashbacked to what happened on Monday night (maybe Tuesday dawn).

"Marry me Snowflake"

Those three words kept on echoing inside my head.

How could I forget...

-

**Flashback**

He proposed? Is he out of his mind? He's just okay with the idea that we're going to get married just like that?

What a joke.

As soon as my brain registered what he said, I fell into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.

"HHAHAH you...you...want...to marry...me? HAHAHAHA" I coughed out in intervals as I laughed heartily.

Trevor was definitely taken aback. He seemed really puzzled and his eyes were scrutinizing me, trying to find the reason of my laughter.

After an eternity, my laughter died down. I winced in pain as I laughed a little too hard and my bruises near my abdomen started to hurt.

"Snowflake, are you just gonna laugh this out or what? Answer me damn it," Trevor frustratedly said while he ran his hands through his dirty blond hair.

"No." I stated.

He seemed a bit disappointed? The feeling shown in his eyes disappeared instantly before I could really register if it was there or not.

He leaned on the bridge and faced the lake, without looking at me and said, "Give me a reason Snowflake."

"Well I certainly do not want to marry a man I just met. I barely know you and all, so how can I? If I get married, I will do it for love and not follow some plan that parents want," I reasoned.

He nodded his head, seemingly understanding what I just said. I felt a little bad for straight up rejecting him like that. He seems hurt?...

Life's a joke, throwing you random things and all. Is he playing me right now? How can he just ask me that so confidently and get all sad when the answer was obvious?

As I was thinking of how accepting Trevor's proposal was so ridiculous, he took one big step right in front of me, leaving no space in between.

I gasped out of shock, our bodies were touching and that fact merely shot bouts of warmth throughout my body. I lost sense of what I was thinking, only focusing on the warmth that he radiated.

He wrapped one hand around me, pulling me closer to him while his other hand cupped my face. He stroked my left cheek and started to lean in.

I really wanted him to come closer...

"You don't deserve anything my dear daughter. How can you marry someone like him? You are such a useless piece of shit." My father's voice rang in my head.