Chapter eight

A/n: decided to spilt up my paragraphs a bit so it's easier to read. Also just finished a DabiHawks one shot. It's two parts and called flowers from the past if you wanna read it. Also tysm for reading this I didn't think it would get over 200 reads a week after publishing chapter one.

You slowly and carefully went through your flame breathing forms. You had all of them down and was almost done mastering them after five months.

"Y/n you have most of them mastered already! Quite impressive you will totally be ready for the finial selection! Also put more spin into your fire wheel!" Kyōjurō said sitting in the sand watching you. He has come to see you as his older sister and you now see him as your younger brother along with senjuro. "Kyō? Is Shinjuro alright? He hasn't left his room for two days and seems to be angry and well sad" you said walking over to Kyōjurō and sitting next to him. "Ah yes, Father has been pretty angry every time he sees you train for a bit. I honestly don't know why, maybe he is jealous of your skill" Kyōjurō said looking up at you.

You giggled at the thought of the flame hashira being jealous of you as you stood up to put the swords away inside. "Kyō I don't think it's possible for the flame hashira to be jealous of a girl who clearly has never touched a sword until about five months ago" You said helping him up. "Yea I guess you're right" He said with his normal happy smile.

"And then they killed all the demons and everyone lived happily ever after" you said tucking senjuro in bed. You turned around to see Kyōjurō in the doorway with a soft smile.

"You know he thinks of you as our mother." He said smiling as you walked out of senjuros room. "Really?" You asked slightly surprised at this. "Yea our mother was strong and independent but she was also very kind. She was strict but not mean. She never once yelled at us no matter how mad she was." Kyōjurō said as you both walked down the hallway. "Well your mother seems like she was an amazing person" you said feeling a bit sorry for him after knowing their mother died when they were younger. "Well goodnight" you said to Kyōjurō as you walked into your room.

"I remind him of his mother Huh?" You softly whispered to yourself. "Guess I have someone to live for, so I better not die next month or ever!" You said strictly smiling to yourself as you slowly drifted to sleep.