Chapter nine

You walked outside to see senjuro swinging his sword around, you and Kyōjurō now had a little more than a week to prepare for the final selection. You both had mastered all of the flame breathing forms.

"Dang it!" Senjuro said as his wooden sword broke. "Senjuro would you like a new one?" You asked kindly. "No I can fix it!" He responded with. "Why not just let me go to the market and get you a new one?" You asked walking up to him. "I didn't want to cause you trouble because you and Kyō are going to the final selection in a week" He said quietly.

You and Senjuro walked inside to get some food. "Where's Kyō?" He asked looking up at you. "Oh he left to go to the market to get new wooden swords, He saw that yours kept breaking" You looked down at him kindly. (When I first wrote this kindly autocorrect to kinky and now I'm traumatized-)

"Are you ok Senjuro you look sad?" You asked him as you sat down next to him as he started eating his udon you made him. "Well I have been thinking, wh-what if you g-guys don't come back after the final selection" he said as you could hear his voice breaking. "Senjuro look at me" You said as he looked at you with tears coming from his eyes. You wiped away his tears and looked at him. "I'm going to promise you something and that something is that both me and Kyōjurō will come back from the final selection. No matter what even if we come back with lost limbs we will come back because we have each other and you to live for. Got that?" You said holding his shoulders.

"Yea" He said leaning over and hugging you. "I promise no matter what we will come back even if it means coming back as demons." You said running your finger through his hair as he gripped onto you. "Thank you" he whispered softly.