Chapter eleven

"Hey Kyō, How many demons do you think we will encounter?" You asked as you started walking up the mountain to the final selection. "Hmm I can't say but I know they have trapped a lot of demons here."

You both walked up to the top of the Mountain to see what looked to be over 100 people. "Wow there's a lot of swordsmen here" you mumbled quietly. "And they all look scary" Kyōjurō commented making you laugh at him. "Scaredy-cat!" You said laughing at him. "I am not" he responded with.

You both looked up to see two people one with white hair and one with black hair. "Survive seven days on the mountain and meet here on the last day. It's simple with the wisteria no demon can leave, good luck" they both said in sync with each other.

"Come one we have to find a Place to sleep before sundown" you said dragging Kyōjurō by his hand. "What if demons are here!" He asked worriedly. "Is the sun rising?" You asked stopping. "Yes" he mumbled quietly. "Then we should be fine" You said as you continued to walk.

"Here looks like a good tree" You said looking up at the tree. "It doesn't have very many branches" Kyōjurō said. "Well too many would trap us in if a demon managed to climb up it" you said pointing around the tree.

"We will take turns watching for demons, I'll watch the first half of the night you got the second half." You said as you balanced yourself on a branch. "Got it, but what should we do for food?" He asked. "We will figure it out in the morning" You said kindly.

It was now nighttime and you could see the moon up in the sky. You could hear screams coming from other sides of the mountain, and to be honest you were scared but you tried not to show it. "Pst, Kyō wake up" you whispered. You both were right next to eachother. "Huh oh I'm up" he said rubbing his eyes.

You both heard a cracking noise as you looked off to see a weird looking animal. "What a funky looking animal." Kyōjurō said but as you looked closer you could see it wasn't an animal. "Kyō, get down without making any sudden movements. That's a demon" you said quietly as his eyes widened from the last part you said.