Chapter seventeen

A/n: I'm writing this at 3:30 am where I am, idk why but I always get my motivation at three am.

(2nd person pov)

It had been a week since you heard of kanaes death and everyday you would train from 6am until you physically couldn't move. Today was the day you and Kyōjurō would get your uniforms and nichirin swords.

You heard the knock as you opened the door to see a small looking man. "Hello, I assume this is the Rengoku residence?" He said kindly. "yes, please follow me" you said letting him inside. "Kyōjurō! He's here!" You yelled impatiently.

You,Kyōjurō, senjuro, and the man holding your swords all settled in one of the main rooms. "I assume your l/n y/n correct?" He said pointing to you. "Yes that would be correct and this is Kyōjurō" you said pointing to Kyōjurō.

He handed you and Kyōjurō your swords, you both carefully unsheathed them together. Kyōjurōs was the first to change colors, his was a nice bright redish orange. Yours slowly turned after his, it turned a darker shade of red almost like blood. "Well that's unusual, I have never seen a red blade that dark" the man said quietly. "Well it probably just means you are an expert swordsman" he said kindly taking his leave.

You got up and quickly ran to your room excited to try on your new uniform. "Where are you going?" Kyōjurō asked. "To try on my uniform" you said still running. "Oh alright then" he said. "Is it just me or in the past week she gotten more distant?" Senjuro asked looking up at his brother. "Yeah I noticed it too" Kyōjurō said smiling weakly.