IV

───── ❝ chapter four ❞ ─────

eunjin

"oh god oh god oh god where's nahyun? i'm pretty sure she has a two hour class for this morning." i thought to myself as i constantly check my phone and my surroundings.

"usually she would text me about not being able to come to school the night before the actual day she'll be absent so right now i am just so confused." i said to myself before my phone started ringing which made me look down to see that it's now time for me to go to my class which means no one's going to be there to wait for nahyun anymore.

"damn it i can't believe i'm about to do this ..." i said to myself as i let out a sigh before walking upstairs to head to my class.

"oh god oh god oh god i'm terrified right now just because of the thought that nahyun probably hates me right now." i thought to myself as i pursed my lips together while my teacher's writing a really really long equation on the board.

"i'm giving every pair half an hour to solve this." the teacher starts which made my eyes widen right after hearing the term "pair".

oh god i am so not in the mood to even force myself to talk to anyone right now.

"make sure that the two of you will show how you solved the equation step-by-step and-" but before i was gonna let the teacher pair all of us, i just had to make sure that i am not going to be paired with anyone because i'd rather work solo.

"i'm sorry for interrupting mr. kim, but can i work on solving that equation alone?" i asked which earned a lot of stares from the others as mr. kim looks around to probably check if there are people that are willing to work solo as well.

"hmmm it seems like you aren't the only one that wants to work solo ms. lee ..." he says before laughing and smiling.

"alright then, you can either work as a duo or as a solo." he says which made me smile and nod before sitting down and letting out a sigh in relief.

"tsk, you just can't shut yourself up when it comes to pairing activities huh?"

"why would some loner like her not shut up when it  comes to pairing activities though? she's just aware that no one wants to be in the same group as her."

"we stan self-awareness i guess."

i already know that these people will end up gossiping me about this later but honestly why even let myself be bothered by them when i don't have to?

that's the problem though ... i can't help but keep getting bothered by other people's words no matter how hard i try.

+8212372904
hey

me
who is this??

+8212372904
you're making things harder for
everyone all because of your
selfishness and your fear.

"what the fuck is this?" i asked myself before looking around the room to see who sent this really really weird message.

+8212372904
your stubborness will be the
cause of it all and you won't
even be aware of it.

+8212372904
your stubborness will be the
cause of it all and you won't
even be aware of it.

now this just spamming at this point ...

+8212372904
your stubborness will be the
cause of it all and you won't
even be aware of it.

+8212372904
your stubborness will be the
cause of it all and you won't
even be aware of it.

+8212372904
your stubborness will be the
cause of it all and you won't
even be aware of it.

+8212372904
know the consequences of
your actions lee eunjin.

oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no this person knows who i am this person knows who i am i'm literally freaking out right now ;-;

"hey, what's-"

"yAHH!! i- oh ... i'm so sorry." i said after getting startled by the sudden body contact.

"you okay?" one of my classmates dayoung asked as i was still fazed by the sudden spam messages that i've been getting.

"eunjin?" she asked again which made me let out a sigh before facing her.

"i just asked if you were okay so, are you?" she asked as i faked a smile before nodding.

"you sure? it seemed like something fazed you awhile ago ..." she says as i nodded.

i really wanted to tell her, i really did.

judging by the way she spoke and looked at me, i could kind of tell that she was genuinely concerned about me.

that's amazing and all but like, i don't know if these messages are something that i should share towards people i barely know about.

"yeah, i'm sure." i said as i went back to figuring out the answer to the equation infront of us.

"i haven't finished this by the way so i can't keep talking." i said as she slightly smiled before nodding and going back to minding her own business.

-

"oh god, are there no vacant tables anymore?" i thought to myself as i scanned around the cafeteria.

no don't y'all dare look at me while i'm crying on the inside.

i should keep using my phone to make it seem like i'm busy or something while yeeting myself out of this awkward position i got myself into.

"hey eunjin, do you wanna eat with us? we noticed that you couldn't find a vacant seat." the school council's secretary says which made me go in awe because of how sudden her invitation is.

"oh i um ..." i start as i checked out her circle of friends who are smiling at me which made me smile a bit.

it's either this or i look for other places to eat which would really take a while since all the other cliques here in school already 'marked' their own lunchtime territories.

quite sad how ridiculous and unnecessary things like having cliques and marking lunchtime territories have been normalized around here ...

you would think that things like those don't happen in real life since they're always portrayed on movies but sadly they actully do.

"yeah alright sure." i said which made hyejin go in awe before smiling as i sat with her and her circle of friends.