XXI

───── ❝ chapter twenty one ❞ ─────

───── chapter twenty one ─────

ni-ki

"i'm getting a hang of this, she's way too naive and weak despite having trust issues." jay says as he suddenly starts dancing around happily making one of my eyebrows rise.

"do you know what he's on about?" i asked jungwon who's eating his 'dinner curry' right now while he's on his phone.

"aren't you getting curious about it? he's been talking to a girl since he keeps bringing up that he's talking to a she." i asked while trying to make eye contact with jungwon who slowly makes eye contact which me before pursing his lips together as his eyes wander towards jay's direction.

"he's probably just looking for another girl, just let him be." he says making my eyes widen.

"just let him be? when it comes to looking for another girl? are you okay? you're literally pride!!" i couldn't help but yell the last part as he looks back down on his phone without saying anything back.

hmmm ... i wonder what he's thinking of right now.

"it's okay, i'll just give him a headstart. i just know that he'll mess up sooner or later." he says in a very calm way making me smirk.

"yes, that's what you were supposed to say earlier." i said before he pats the top of my shoulder all of the sudden.

"don't worry about me, i know that i'm way better to most things compared to jay." he says before chuckling which made me clap.

"i thought i just lost you there." i said before letting out a sigh of relief just as jake comes rushing in to give us hugs which made me want to barf because of his smell but of course i just had to hold it in.

"how was work?" jungwon asked as jake falls back on the floor before letting out a groan.

"the same as always butttttt." jake says before kneeling infront of us while pouting.

"butttt??" jungwon asked as jake pulls out something from his coat.

"even though i was pretty much absent for this whole month, i still got my paycheck and my bonus." jake says making me and jungwon go in awe.

"woah how did you do that? did you seduce your boss or something? you mentioned how he's not that old as you so that would mean you wouldn't mind doing that." i said before i burst out laughing making jake shoot me a glare.

"he told me it's because he was actually going to give my bonus last month but he had to postpone it this month because even though we had some misunderstings, it did not change the way he saw how hardworking i was when i work ..." he says while he's still proudly smiling.