LXXIII

───── ❝ chapter seventy three ❞ ─────

───── chapter seventy three ─────

jungwon

"what? is it that bad?" i asked after seeing the way they reacted when i told him about me withdrawing from doing all of my obligations as a cambion thus turning me into a normal human being.

"it's all because of hyejin right?" jake asked which made me shake my head no.

"i wouldn't say that it was all because of her, i just realized that there's way more to life than whatever we even do on a daily basis ... and i think that you would know about that by now jake because other than us, you literally surround yourself with actual people." i said before letting out a sigh.

"what are you talking about?" sunoo asked as i looked around before letting myself speak to try to explain everything that i've realized ever since i decided to have some time alone.

"we were always told that traditions come first right? there's nothing wrong with following what our ancestors have done or achieved but there's also nothing wrong with wanting to do what we want!! we're literally wayyy old enough to make our own decisions for ourselves and if other people- wait no, if others who are of the same kind as us would blacklist us for wanting to do what we want with our lives, who cares? in the end, we'll only have each other." i tell them which made them smile and nod in agreement.

"i called hyejin earlier and i asked her how parents are supposed to react if their kids wanted to be become someone that they weren't expected to become and she told me that parents are there to guide us when it comes to our decisions but that doesn't mean that we should always stand by their wants because we get to have our own wants too. oh, and she also told me that parents would support us with what we want to become as long as we're happy." i said which suddenly started a really really long wave of silence.

"if i'd have to be honest, i really don't like how i'd have to keep eating all the time ... it's literally so not good for me and i feel like a freak most of the time compared to you guys." sunoo confesses which made me look at him with a sad expression.

"i've always wanted to try looking for jobs that would suit me but the problem is, i just can't control myself at all and i do think about what it would be like if i ever like ... break a rule and then get punished by it but i also couldn't help but think of what you guys would think about that and i'm scared that you guys might want to cut me off out of embarrassment or i don't know ... because you guys were told to do so?" sunoo added as jake went in awe.

"do you get conscious and or embarrassed over your eating habits?" he asked as sunoo nods before letting out a sigh.

"i've talked about this with ni-ki a lot but yeah, i always feel like a pig. i just get fed with food, i get older, and then i die ..." sunoo says which made sunoo hit his arm.