LVI

───── ❝ chapter fifty six ❞ ─────

───── chapter fifty six ─────

eunjin

"first of all, nahyun does talk about you a LOT especially back when we weren't as close as we are now." jake says which made my eyes widen before smiling widely.

"awww really? i didn't think that she would talk about me to other people since i thought that she would end up ashamed about calling herself my best friend." i said before letting out a laugh just to not make this tension serious since it's not supposed to even be one.

"when we met at the club that i still work on as a bartender at the moment after she was asked to look for great clubs with her mom, she once blurted out that 'my best friend wouldn't want to be here' after i got to talk to her and her mom and as we got to hang out even more since mrs. im pretty much admitted that i was 'son-in-law' material, she would always come to the club with her mom friends and they're all pretty much regulars in there as well!!" jake happily says before letting out a hum.

"she would tell me that you were such a great best friend!! she told me that the two of you share a lot in common especially when it comes to ummm hating on bts despite being such a huge huge fan of them back when you guys were younger." he finished which made me start laughing because out of all the things nahyun could've said about our common interests, she decided to tell him that and it's just so hilarious to me.

"wait a minute, you hate bts? why is that? we're all huge fans of bts so hearing that someone hates bts is pretty much shocking to us." ni-ki asked which made me go in awe before looking around to see the others stare at us which made me want to start digging a hole for myself since they're actually huge fans of a group that i really dislike ...

"ummm ..."

"nahhh it's alright, you don't have to tell us because we can't like the same thing or people." jake says while smiling which just made me smile back at him.

"ummm yeah right?? even our own soulmates would have different tastes in everything compared to ours." i said before i start faking a laugh to kind of ease this awkwardness.

"let's go back to the things nahyun has said about you though!!" sunoo starts before letting out a long hum.

"who has things to say?" sunoo asked before looking around which made me let out a sigh.

"other than compliments about you, she would also tell us how hard it actually was to be your best friend because you see ..." jay starts which totally drifted my attention towards him instead of literally anything or anyone around here.

"you can get really clingy with her and that's not that big of a deal to be honest until you cross the line and then get too clingy that you'd start restricting her when it comes to a lot of things just so the two of you could hang out together even though the two of you already hang out together and let's not forget about how she has told us dozens of times about how you guilt trip her on a daily." he says as i just kept quiet despite wanting to cut him off ages ago.

"you may not be aware of your obsessiveness when it comes to having nahyun's attention all to yourself because you think that you've got no choice but to keep relying on nahyun when it comes to receiving attention from a friend, but after hearing all of the things nahyun has said about you, we already knew that you'd be such an in-denial obsessive stuck-up bitch that's-"

"yah, that's enough." heeseung says to cut him off which made me purse my lips together before slapping jay's cheek.

"did you really just start acting all nice with me earlier just to tell me all of these? you've been relying on getting to know who i actually am through nahyun so how would you even know what kind of person i actually was and am when i don't even fully show who i actually am towards nahyun?" i asked before i couldn't help but walk away from him by going outside which just made the others start chasing after me.

oh well, it's not like i know where i'm going so ... this should be fun right?