IX

───── ❝ chapter nine ❞ ─────

eunjin

"hey eunjin!! we're right hereee." dayoung says as she waves her hand while facing at me making me look at her with a confused look.

why is she telling me that they're there when i can clearly tell that they're there?

is she like ... asking me to eat with them again??

but nahyun already told me that things will get back to normal for today so i've got to tell them about it or else i'd have to keep being with them.

"oh i ummm ... i'm eating with nahyun for today, tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow and so o-" but before i could finish, yoonji cuts me off like a vegetable.

"nahyun's eating with us for today, tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow and so on though and i'm pretty sure wherever nahyun is you'll definitely be present there which means??" yoonji says which made me look at them with a confused expression.

"which means i'm gonna wait for nahyun with you guys?" i asked as hyejin nodded and gestured towards their table which made me nod back before sitting with them.

why would nahyun not inform me about this not-so-little arrangement with them first?

did i do or say something wrong again? nahyun has been acting really really off lately and i really wanted to talk about it before but i didn't want to ruin our little 'making up' moment at my place.

"soooo while waiting for nahyun, why don't we try to get to know one another more?" minha asked which actually surprised me since this is like the first time she ever talked to me.

"yeah okay sure." i said as minha gave me a small smile before letting out a hum.

"how long has it been since you and eunjin became best friends?" she asked as i went in awe.

"17 years." i said pretty quickly since i had recently checked how long we've been friends for a couple of days ago.

"oh wow, that's so cool!! that's basically like the two of you growing up together since y'all were in your diaper eras right?" hyejin asked as i nodded.

"we were neighbors and both of our moms apparently clicked instantly since the both of them are pretty darn interactive." i answered which made me start thinking of my own mother.

it's not like the two of us don't communicate anymore, we still do.

what i don't like though is how she decided to 'start a new life' by fleeing to another country ... like hello? dad already made that move, why would she copy off of him just to start over? she could have done it here but nOOOOO she really wants to fly to another country for it.

i bet that's just her less brutal way of leaving me on my own because of her strong desire of 'starting over' all by herself.

yeah okay sure she still sends me money ... but just because she does doesn't mean that she can just-

"eunjin? hey, i'm here now." nahyun says with a concerned look on her face which made me snap back to the real world.

oh, she's here now.

should i ask her here about what yoonji said earlier? about nahyun and i going to have to keep eating lunch with these girls?

i don't even think everyone in this circle likes me which makes me feel a bit uncomfy being with their circle ... i bet they've already made fun of me behind my back which is why they keep insisting on hanging out or talking to me.

probably even nahyun too!! these girls are really sus because their intentions of 'wanting to get close with me' is still pretyy vague.

like why?? why would you want to get to know me more? i don't even know you guys yet and you guys don't even know me.

and besides, han dayoung is the only girl here i'm associated with since the both of us take the same course.

hyejin, yoonji, and nahyun are all medical students which is why they've definitely hung out a couple of times and got pretty close quickly.

without me knowing all about it until i had to find out about it from her in a not-so-subtle way ...

as for minha and jaeri ... the both of them are arts students so that's why the both of them aren't usually that chatty ... atleast for me they aren't.

"we didn't want to disturb you while you were zoning out so we just waited for nahyun to come back since you would rather want that to happen than anything." dayoung says as i just went in awe before nodding while looking around.

"have you eaten already eunjin? i'm sorry if it took me a while to come back, i had to get back to my place for something important." nahyun explains which made me raise an eyebrow.

"you had to get back to your place for something important? that's so not you." i mumbled before secretly rolling my eyes because of how annoyed i'm getting.

i can't help but get annoyed with nahyun more and more now that i think about it ...

"so um ... how's everyone?" nahyun asked before laughing which radiated so much awkward vibes as i let out a sigh before standing up to get some food.

"oh uhhh ... eunjin!! jaeri's also going to get food so why don't the two of you go there together?" nahyun asked which made me face towards jaeri who's eyes are widened which translated to her being shocked ... maybe even terrified.

terrified of what? walking to get food with me? because she doesn't want to embarrass herself after people see her with me?

tsk, how pathetic.

"oh i uhhh- of courseeee." jaeri says as she stands up and walks towards me while i just observed the way she's looking at me which is nothing but fear planted all over her face.

"whatever." i said to myself before letting out a sigh as i made sure to walk way before jaeri since i can already tell that she doesn't want to be seen near me.

right now i'm basically doing her a favor so she better not do anything to annoy me right now.

"soooo eunjin, what are you getting? i'm thinking of getting-" but before she could finish, i interrupted her by turning around to face her, trying to look as straight faced as i could so that she would be able to take my words seriously.

"you don't have to force yourself to get close to me even if you don't like me, jaeri." i started as jaeri just stood infront of me without saying anything.

that basically confirms all of the assumptions that i have recently made with her and her other little friends.

"the same goes for your friends too by the way." i said as i walk farther away from her to make sure to keep my distance from her.

*googles how to beat up eunjin through a wattpad fanfic grr grr grr*