XXXIX

───── ❝ chapter thirty nine ❞ ─────

───── chapter thirty nine ─────

eunjin

"hey, do you have an extra black pen?" i asked the person beside me as they looked at me weirdly before she slowly nods and hands me her pen.

alright i've got 3 assignments due tomorrow and i have got to finish all of these by 9pm, wash up, then make sure to go to bed before 10pm so that i'll be able to get 10 hours of sleep.

"how are you able to talk to other people without them forcing you to talk now? aren't you still having a hard time dealing with your only friend leaving you?" the girl beside me asks all of the sudden which made my once excited smile disappear.

"i literally have a mouth to speak with and no, i'm not having a hard time dealing with nahyun leaving just so you know."

why is that girl acting all high
and mighty right now?

"are you trying to pick up a fight with me?" she asked while making her voice a bit louder this time which actually made me laugh so hard.

pathetic.

"that's what you think i'm doing to you right now?" i asked as she rolls her eyes before she suddenly took the pen from my hand even though i wasn't even finished writing with it.

geez it was just a boring and cheap looking pen but she's acting like it's worth hundreds.

oh please, you're not even a 4 with that cakey makeup of yours.

who does she even think she is?

"i wasn't done borrowing it." i said as she went 'hmmm?' before staring at it while laughing like a pabo that she actually is.

"you weren't? awwww is that supposed to be my problem to deal with?" she asked which made my brows furrow out of annoyance.

"nevermind."

"that pen that you just let me borrow had such cheap quality anyways." i mumbled before going into my bag to get my pencil case and make sure to get the best pen that i have.

lemme show this bratty bitch who she's trying to mess with right now.

"did you know that according to scientists, the pens that you use reflect on how other people see you? oh, and let's not forget that pens come in different designs, shapes, and sizes because you'll be able to attract other people especially guys with it?" i asked which made her look into her pen before going in awe.

"really?" she asked as she starts looking around to probably check out how other people's pens look like before humming.

"i think i've heard of the 'your pen reflects who you are as a person' thing but i've never really paid attention to making sure that ummm my pens would cost that much since they're not even that important to me." she says as i couldn't help but fake a shocked gasp.

"really? then why didn't you let me finish borrowing that pen?" i asked while pointing towards her pen which made her look down.

"it's because ... wait a minute, why would i need to start being nice to you when you're some weirdo here?"

"i get to choose whether or not i'll let other people borrow my stuff because they're mine in the first place so i don't get why you're making such a huge fuss about this when you can just borrow another pen from someone else??" she says before she suddenly covers her mouth before laughing and looking away from me which made me start fiddling my own pen out of anger and annoyance.

"good luck with getting somebody else here to let you borrow their pen though, it might end up with you needing to use a pencil instead." she says before laughing which made let out a sigh before pursing my lips together.

i'll show you who's going to end
up not being able to use both pens
or pencils after this.

"have you ever considered getting pens that are way better than yours?" i asked as i showed her one of my pens which i have stopped using because i remember how annoying this was to use since this was pretty skinny and frustrating this was just by writing with it since it keeps on slipping out of my hand.

"take a look at this one and compare this with the pen you just let me borrow a couple of minutes ago." i said as she actually does what i just told her to do.

"that doesn't even look like it's a pen you'd be comfortable with using." she says as i raised an eyebrow.

"and you're just saying that because you would never be able to write with this since everything about you is cheap." i said before laughing which made her glare at me.

"what did you just say to me?" she asked as i smirked.

"the truth?" i said as i start fiddling with this pen thinking of what i'd be able to do with this other than writing.

"your pen doesn't even look like-"

"but it is, look how sharp and nice this looks." i said while making sure to show her the tip of the pen.

"you can even easily write stuff on your skin with this one!!" i said before i start drawing stars on my hand and then showed it to her.

"i can even write stuff with ugly hands like yours." i said as i decided to try writing stuff with this pen onto her hand which made her go in awe before she checks out what i'm writing on her hand.

"hmmm i guess it's not that bad, how much did you even get that for? i'd pass if it's under- GAHHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCK?!" she yelled after i stabbed her hand with it making sure that it went in deep just as the bell starts ringing which means it's 7pm and it's already time to go.

"everyone else can go now except ms. kwon, you just got yourself in trouble young lady." our teacher says which made her start acting like a crybaby.

ew.

"but sir i-"

"tell him the truth and i'll make sure that it's not just your hands i'll be stabbing with this one." i cut her off which made her gulp and nod as i took off the pen from her which made her gasp.

tsk, she clearly deserved that.

"i guess carrying that pen wasn't so useless after all." i thought to myself before laughing and walking out of the room with a smile on my face.