XXXV

───── ❝ chapter thirty five ❞ ─────

───── chapter thirty five ─────

jake

"JAKE JAKE JAKE JAKEEEEE!!" i heard soobin yell from outside which to be honest was pretty damn loud.

"what what what whattttt??" i asked while i'm currenyl inside the staff room to sit down and wait for my shift.

"why are you so early today?" he asked while getting all comfy by sitting next to me as i shrugged.

"i just felt like coming in earlier than usual and to be honest i might start doing this way more cuz it actually feels really good that i'm actually way ahead than usual." i said as soobin lets out a hum which sounded like he was having suspicions towards me which made my brows furrow.

"what is it?" i asked as he suddenly starts laughing and pinching my cheeks.

"i see that you and chloe have been getting close huh?" he asked as i nodded.

"yeah cuz your girlfriend's been hanging out so much with me lately and-"

"what?" he asked in a serious way this time which made me purse my lips together as he suddenly got his hands off of me.

o_o

oh god did he misunderstand me just now?

"please don't get our closeness the wrong way!! we just get along really well and-"

"ahhh so the two of you are getting closer and closer huh? is that why she has been talking so much about you lately?" he asked in a serious way which made me gulp.

no no no no i better make sure that he doesn't and will never ever think of me as someone who would be such a jerk to even attempt stealing their guy's gal ... that's part of bro code and i would never break it.

"don't misunderstand, i have no intentions of being a couplewrecker!! i swear that i have no romantic feelings towards her whatsoe-" but before i could finish, he suddenly starts laughing and clapping which made me look at him with a horrified look.

"you should've seen the look on your face you cute cute doggg." he says before he suddenly starts messing with my hair.

"aishhh i was just messing with you man!!" he says before forming my hand into a fist before fistbumping mine with his which made me force a laugh since i was literally so scared awhile ago when he suddenly pulled a prank on me ...

aigo, soobin hyung literally made my heart beat so dang fast.

"awww please don't be saddd!! tell you what? i owe you one." he says which made me laugh and hit him playfully.

"aishhh just ... never do that to me again, please." i said just as changbin and seungmin came in while bickering.

"i know that you've done some things that made me doubt you when it comes to like ... most things but after getting to know ya all i can say is i love you so much man." he says which made me go in awe before smiling and laughing even though some parts weren't things i would want other people to tell me but it's all good since he doesn't think of me like that anymore right?

"hey jake? it's time for us to get back to work." seungmin says as i nodded and gave him a thumbs up as i grabbed my little apron and then put it on.

"hey, i love you too man." i said as i smiled and patted his back.

"we should hang out sometime, just you and me? on a saturday? maybe you can even bring a girl with you to hang out with us even? oh and if you will then of course i'm gonna have to bring chloe with me cuz i wouldn't want to be a third wheel." he says all of the sudden which made me laugh.

"yah, stop making me look bad." i said as i crossed my arms to my chest while pouting.

"stop taking everything that i say seriously then." he responds which made me chuckle before waving goodbye as i went out to hear the loud music again, witness basically everyone having fun, and the smell of freshly poured alcohol.

"jake jake jake jakeeee." i heard my name getting called which made me rush towards two girls that are wearing face masks which made me hum.

"ladies there is no need to look all mysterious with me, i already know the two of you here." i said as they gasped which made me laugh.

aren't these two sofia and rees? they'd usually wear face masks most of the time cuz they're scared that they might get their photos taken by any of their fans because they think they're famous or something??

i don't even think i've seen any of them on screens ... and i haven't even completely seen both of their faces in general so ehhh, i'm pretty clueless right now.

"oh hey sofia and rees, how are you two? i bet you two missed me while i was away for a couple of weeks." i said before i couldn't help but laugh.

"funny story actually cuz my boss and i were- before that, i was thinking of letting sofia try out this cool drink that i made up called-"

"do we look like a sofia or a rees to you?"

"ohh ... i ughhh i'm so sorry for not recognizing you guys right away!! ummmm yoonji and hyejin, you two here alone? did any of the guys convince you two to come here? i'm quite surprised." i said as i grabbed two shot glasses and then put them infront of them.

i'm confused as to why they aren't reacting to any of the things that i just said ... is it because i got their names wrong?

oh god i messed up already and they're both nahyun's friends as well ... oof

"i'm really really sorry, i'm usually really good with names but this time the face masks really threw me off."

"it's just that we have regulars here that think they're celebrities or something which is why they always make sure that they wear face masks all the time ... i think that the both of them are actually really delusional." i said which suddenly made the two of them start laughing which actually made me let out a sigh of relief.