Chapter 49 Timely measure

6 months later

LpoV

Every month that passed by helped me get over the heartache of losing Lucy.A part of me went with her when she left me.I have had no word of her or if she's even still in that institute.It seems she worked hard for me not to find out what she was up  to so I decided things were better that way.We were better as friends at the end of the day.

Even though I no longer had a relationship with Lucy I still retracted from contacting the Cabellos.A part of me was ashamed that I wasn't there for them with the situation their dad ended up in.

I would be lying if I said I didn't check Camilas page often.She now smiled in some of her pictures which I thought was the cutest thing ever.I missed seeing her smile and happy even if I wasn't the cause of it.

The thing is with Camila,even through all the hardships I truly loved her for her.I was completely in love with that woman and even though now things were different and we weren't together I needed to see her be happy.

Chris always gave me updates on the company back home,and on Camila ofcourse.I started to notice a blonde in her pictures and ofcourse Chris gave  me all the information.He stated they weren't a thing but I mean Camila wouldn't post someone if they weren't a thing.I ofcourse was not jealous,I couldn't be.

"Lauren"Edward said removing me from my daze as I looked up at the man.

"Yeah whats up?"i said acting as if I totally had not been ignoring him.

"Are you going to go back to California or not?"

"Exactly what for?"i said trying to get information from him that he had probably already stated.

"Didn't you get the email?The Cabello celebration you know the one they throw every year."

"Uhm....no I did not receive an email...but you did?"I was a bit offended,not going to lie.

"Ofcourse I did,I'm a big deal!"he said smirking as I laughed at him.

"Well no I haven't."

"Well Im sure your brother will give you a call I mean your last name is also in the invitation."he said raising his eyebrows.

"I know but,I don't know after all I wasn't there for them like I should have been."

"It's never too late to fix those mistakes Laur,don't have more regrets than you already do."he said staring at me before leaving into his office.I had started working with Edward without anybody back home knowing.Even though it was hard to keep it under wraps as Edwards company had been growing rapidly and well everyone was taking notice including everyone back home.

After another day at the office I got home to my apartment,and as Edward stated my phone call came in.

"Chris,my favorite brother"i said laughing into the phone

"Your only brother."he said with a serious tone

"What a pleasure to receive a call from you brother"

"Oh shut it we talk every week,ready for your Camila update or should I wait 30 more minutes until you slightly slip into that conversation topic?"he said laughing at me

"Hey,I try to be as discreet as possible."

"Yeah as discreet as you working for Edward you freaking goof."

"Uhm,nooo i don't do that"i said trying to play it off

"Oh come on Lauren the partners he got he didn't get them on his own,only you have that damn Jáuregui charm.Camila is not too happy about it either."

"Why isn't Camila happy? "

"Well to start off a freaking Jáuregui working for the competition when we are PARTNERS with the Cabellos!Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't even want anyone finding out,I needed to keep myself busy and Edward offered...."

"Lauren,I swear if you don't head your ass to California for the damn party and at least apologize in person I will have to personally drag your ass here.We are under so much Fucken pressure!"

"We?who is we?"

"Well me since you left me with this mess,it's hard enough trying to fill your shoes,now having to compete with you has Camila with a burner under my ass."

"I'm sorry Chris I really didn't think it was that big of a deal."

"Well it is,at least to Camila and well us!,it looks bad for us."

"I'm sorry Chris,I will go and do what is appropriate,I just hope Camila doesn't hate me too much for it."

"Shut it,I hate you not her,I don't think she Can ever hate you Lauren."

"I think she can,she has every right to as well."

"Well,you still have a chance to make it right to her and you know that."

"In what way Chris?,I really didn't even message her when her dad got sick and now I helped the competition."

"Well maybe a few kisses will do."Chris said finally laughing

"Oh shut up Chris that ship has sailed,sunk, and been forgotten"

"Mhm We will see about that Laur"

"Don't get your hopes up little bro."The call didn't go on for much longer after that.Yet right after that call I booked a flight for that big celebration date.I don't think I would be able to sleep all week until that even occurred.

——-

CPoV
I sat back on my chair after seeing Lauren's name on Edwards company page.That's the only news I had seen about her in months.Those Damn green eyes, I couldn't stop looking at them.Everytime I closed my eyes I would see her face on top of mine.But then the heartache sunk in and the pain that all of that brought.I couldn't help but remember how empty I felt without her and how empty it would feel again to see those lips and not be able to make her mine.It was better for us to be away from each other.

"Everything is set for the weekend Camila."

"Thanks Kristen,Do you have any new RSVPs?"i said looking at the blonde woman standing in front of me

"Well she didn't RSVP but Chris just told me that Ms.Jáuregui will be attending."

"Well i know the Jáureguis are coming Kristen..."

"Lauren Jáuregui."she said with a serious tone  then taking a deep sigh.I bit my lip hearing the blonde say Lauren's name.
"Are you sure?"

"Yes,he just told me a few hours ago but I didn't think it was necessary to tell you."

"Ofcourse it's necessary Kristen."

"And why's that?"

"Well because she's with Edward now and well it had caused a stir here with her brother being with us...it's just going to be"

"Awkward?"she said biting her Cheek,something she did when she was nervous.

"Uhm yeah...to start the least."

"Everything will be okay don't worry Camila."

"I know it will,now Can I take you home?it's too late for you to be here."I said smiling at her changing the subject.

"Well I could just you know find an Uber or-"

"No way,I could never let a lady as beautiful as you alone at night when I Can very well take you."I said getting closer to the blonde.She held onto my arms as I caressed her face.

"You're the only person I ever want to be alone with at night."she said pecking my forehead.

"Well then let's get you home."I said as we walked to my car.Nothing between Kristen and I was official,specially after that awkward confrontation at my parents home.We decided to talk things out but made out instead.I was super attracted to her even though I knew my heart would still wonder and crave the green eyes.Hearing Lauren was coming back made me feel so many emotions.Some good some bad.Yet I was excited to see her.