Chapter 42 No drinks

Waking up the next day sucked a bit more than the one before.I had my mind set on acting like nothing happened.And that's what I was going to stick to.

"Good morning Miss Cabello."Ela said as I entered the office.

"Morning."i said walking up to her desk. "I don't want to see anybody until the meetings."I said thinking this would give me time to relax a bit.

I opened my cabinet to get a pen and ofcourse the box of dead roses still in the same place I left them when Lauren left.I really had to have the best self control to not try and contact her.I knew I wasn't in the right state to talk to her either.I also didn't want to ruin her trip because as much as I wanted to talk to her and tell her I love her, I wanted her to be happy even if it wasn't with me.

"Good morning Miss Cabello."Kristen said entering the office.I was mad i had told Ela not to let anyone in I guess she didn't realize that meant my assistant as well.

"Morning Miss Mewis."i said seriously not looking her in the eyes.Not that I was scared just embarrassed.

"I know you told Ela you didn't want to see anybody but I brought you your morning coffee I know how hard it is for you to get through the morning without it."she said placing the coffee in front of me and just standing there in front of my desk I would go without caffeine if I knew I wouldn't have to see her after sleeping with her.

"Thank you."I said finally glancing at her,at least trying to but getting caught in her eyes.Beautiful blue eyes.How could I have had forgotten they were her eyes.Then again I don't even remember the sex if I'm being honest.

"It's always my pleasure."she said sitting down on the chair to my surprise.

"Mhm."I replied not knowing what to say as she just sat there.

"Is there anything I can help you with?"I said typing away trying to seem busy so she would leave

"Uh yes.I just wanted you to know I'm happy you got home safe Miss Cabello."she said smiling and I finally looked up at her not knowing she would be this ballsy. I'm sure my eyes opened wider than they should when she mentioned that.

"I did Miss Mewis there's no need to worry."I said looking up at her with the straightest face I could possible do.

"Alright then, I'll leave you alone."she said as her smirk faded from her face.I took a deep breath as the door finally closed after her.Maybe she thought things would be easier for her now or something but I couldn't give in.I refused to accept the fact that I slept with my assistant.

I sat for the rest of my morning rechecking my spreadsheets and the presentations for my meetings.Today I would do most of them with Chris so I wasn't really that excited because it would just remind me that Lauren should be next to me not him.But I messed that up.

"Good afternoon Cabello."Chris said removing me from my constant thoughts of the green eyed woman.

"Good afternoon Chris."

"Damn here I thought you would be happier, with the assistant you have I would always be happy."he said smirking and a part of me got angry.He was such a prick about it.

"Can you not.We are at work you can talk about that with your buddies not me I thought you would be more respectful."I replied angrily

"Sorry, did I hit a nerve?She seems a bit upset I can see why now."he said not helping his case

"If I had to be communicating with you as often as she is I would be upset too Chris.Maybe I should put her out of her pain and let you go."I said smirking