Chapter 53 Decisions

"It's okay Chris honestly,I'm ready to face the wrath of Camila and whatever she has coming my way."

"No Laur it's okay,I honestly don't want you to have to take this up again,you deserve to be happy and not pay for my mistakes."He said as he drove the car into the company parking lot.

"I'm proud of you Chris.I hope you know that,don't worry whatever is necessary we will deal with it."

"I just don't want you having to recompensaste for me."

"I'm not,our family name is in this we both make dad and mom proud so don't worry Chris.I promise."

We both walked into the big building.It felt like I had never left,not much had changed except for some new faces.

I was met with the blonde tall woman.She was beautiful,Camila knew how to pick them.

"Good morning Mr. and Miss Jáuregui."

"Good morning"we both replied to Kristie

"Camila is waiting for both of you in her office,I'll guide you."she said walking in front of us as if either of us wouldn't know where Camilas office was.

As we entered there were the two chairs waiting for Chris and I.Kristie walked beside Camila.I sat down and noticed all the changes she had done to her office.Almost everything was new,even Camila seemed like a new version of herself.

"I hope the valley has not been treating you bad Lauren."

"It hasn't I've been content."I replied as I looked at Chris who seemed to be staring into another world.

"I'm glad.Now I won't waste your time,as you know things have become complicated.We know that you're with Edwards company now and it has brought more problems than we could have thought."she said staring directly into my eyes.The brown eyes cold and somber like the first time we reunited when I brought Edward as my fake boyfriend.The emotionless stare didn't terrify me this time.

"In what way?Edwards company isn't direct competition in California."i replied staying composed.Things could always get heated with Camila quickly.

"It might not be direct but it's competition otherwise and to have a Jáuregui with him has made the situation worse."her brown eyes still dim.No fire in her.The cold Camila that I had forgotten about.

"Okay,so what can I do to help the situation."I replied as calmly as I could.I could feel Chris get tense.

"Well we've looked at all our options and well,the investors have asked us to ask you to resign for Edward."that was more than I expected.

"What do you mean?"i replied

"We can't have you with Edward when your family signed a contract with our agency."she replied again calmly

"Thats not fair to Lauren."Chris replied finally speaking up

"Nobody said it would be fair but it's the correct thing to do."Camila replied

"And how do you know that Camila?"he replied angry for me.Yet I really didn't feel the same way.I was a bit surprised yet I expected this.

"Chris because you exhausted all our other options."she replied a bit of desperation  in her tone this time.

"It's fine Chris I'll do it.It's not a problem."

"No!Lauren you shouldn't have to."he said again standing from the chair this time.

"Listen to your sister Chris she's been in business longer than you,she knows what she did and what she's doing."she said cold as ice.

"It's okay I promise,calm down."I said holding Chris's hand as I pulled him down to the chair again.