Chapter 58 Time back

Cpov
It had been a few weeks since I last seen Kristie.Even though I did miss her my heart slowly began to become content.I had been going to yoga with Lauren.We would even spend weekends having Mic nights at clubs with friends.Tonight it was one of those nights.I enjoyed singing but not in front  of others until one drunken night Lauren and I finally performed.After that we haven't stopped.It had been so nice to hang out with Lauren in this way.it made me learn so much more than what I already thought I knew.In many cases it deepened what I already thought.

"Okay okay one more round of shots on me!"Andrea said as she walked over to the bar.

"I'll sit this one out,let me go tell Andrea."Lauren said getting up from the seat next to me.

I enjoyed these times.Lauren and my friends had begun to mix and hang out.It had a good balance.There was always a positive vibe.

"Those two I swear.I'm surprised they aren't dating yet."Dinah said pointing to Lauren and Andrea

"You think there's something there?"i said a bit taken back

"From Andrea yes,Lauren seems to play the role with her but who knows.Behind closed doors things can be different."she said as Andrea obviously flirted with Lauren.They both laughed as Andrea placed her hand on Lauren's waist.She was all over Lauren's face,but it had been normal to me.Andrea seemed like that friend that was always all over your space.Yet Dinah was right.She was always way more on Lauren than any other friend.

"What did I miss?"Lauren said sitting back down next to me.

"Nothing, but I think I might head out early."

"Why are you not feeling good?"she said touching my forehead

"No I'm just a bit tired.But you stay have fun,okay?"i replied smiling back at Lauren.

"Well I'm tired too I'll leave with you."

"No, you're having fun really stay.I'll see you tomorrow."

"Well I'm leaving with you regardless."she said smiling back at me as we both stood up.Even when Lauren and I didn't come to the celebrations together we always left together.

"You're leaving Jáuregui?"Andrea said as she placed all the shot glasses on the table.

"Yeah We are really tired from work."

"It's Friday,tomorrow you don't have anything going on."

"I know but I'm exhausted from the week."Lauren said trying to get out of the situation

"Come on Camila help me out here."Andrea said staring at me

"Woman has made up her mind , not much I can do."

"Alright,alright I'll call you tonight Laur."Andrea said blowing Lauren a kiss as we walked out.

"Yes I'll call you,I always do."Lauren said smiling back at her.

We walked out of the bar and grill into the streets.

"I'll get us a Lyft to our place it's closer than your condo.If that is fine of course?"

"Yeah that's fine." I said as I closed my jacket.Winter was starting in the valley and the shots that we had taken were beginning to not keep my body warm.
"You know you really didn't have to come with me."

"It's fine, Andrea was getting a bit too much in there."she said as she continued to order the Lyft.

"She tends to do that with you right?"i said laughing"I think she likes you."

"Don't say that,she always flirts with everybody."Lauren said giving me the eye

"Hey im not the only one that thinks so."i replied looking as the light from her phone was the only thing on her face.Her eyes looked lighter green than usual.This also happened when she drank alcohol so it made sense that they were this color.