Chapter 50 Pink and Nude

Arriving back to the valley made me feel a million and one emotions.I grew up here.My family was here.Why wouldn't I miss this place.

"About time you arrived young lady"my father said hugging into me.

"Papi I've missed you"I said holding on to the older man.I had missed his hugs so much.

"I've missed you too mija,I hate having you so far from me."he said kissing my forehead

"Well I'm back now so let's enjoy it while I'm here"

"I always tell you,your place is here."

"My place is where I'm happy papa"

"ArENt you happy here?"he asked as we walked to his car

"With you daddy I sure am"I said smiling thinking back to all the moments I've lived with my father in specific.

We drove for a few mi urea just listening to music.My father was more quiet than usual which kind of frightened me.

"Are you okay dad?"

"Yeah mija,just thinking about how fast time has passed and how much has Changed so quickly."

"I know,but look at us now,enjoying what we have."

"I know you might be happier in Miami Lauren pero, this will forever be your home,I see Chris a lot more now but I'm still missing a piece of me with you gone mija."

"Maybe one day I will come back,I feel like I do have some unfinished business here."

"You know you do personally and business wise,Chris told me about what you're doing in Miami."I began to get fear that my father would be disappointed in me

"I know papá I Im-"

"I'm proud of you."he said shocking me,"I'm glad that wherever you are you are doing great things baby even if you're up against Chris and Camila,I know it must be hard for them but I just want you to be happy."he said smiling at me,putting me at ease.

"Thank you dad,it really means a lot."I said smiling.I didn't think I needed him to tell me all of this but hearing it made me feel a million times better.

—-
"I have to leave early today Camila"

"Why is that Christopher"I said not removing my eye contact from my screen

"Well Lauren is here already and we are having a dinner before the grand party tomorrow."I almost got my heart beating out of my chest.

"Mhmm"I murmured not being able to speak if I was being honest.

"Is that okay....are you okay...?"he said moving his eyebrows

"Uhm yeah,have fun say hi to her...and the family for me."I said still focusing on the laptop in front of me

"Alright thanks.I'm sure she'll be happy to see you soon."he said then quickly leaving the office.Why'd he have to leave me with this suspense.What did he mean she'd be happy to see me?Did that mean she missed me?

Shit.I was overthinking again.Something I did a lot of when it came to Lauren.I was mad at myself.I couldn't believe how after everything that has happened I still have this soft spot for Lauren.She didn't even come to see us when my dad got bad.I guess I wanted to blame her for something so that it could save me from falling for her more than I already have.I wouldn't let myself fall.Not this time.

-
"Red or white dress?"the blonde asked

"Whichever is easier to take off"I said chuckling

"Always being so funny Camila"she said putting the dress down and wrapping her hands around my neck.