Chapter 34 Velvet Bullet

CPoV
I woke up and could barely open my eyes.I didn't want to open them either way.I wasn't going to get the luxury to see Lauren anymore. My cell phone alarm kept ringing and I finally got myself to sit up from the bed.I still couldn't believe she came out,it turned a switch on her and I knew she still loved me a love like that you couldn't forget so easily,but neither the pain that I caused upon her.

I slicked my hair back into a tight bun and light makeup.Enough to make me presentable.I felt so numb the whole time.I walked straight into my office not thinking I would get to see the eyes I yearned for.She didn't even knock she just walked in and handed me the two papers.I couldn't even concentrate on what she was saying as I sat there admiring her.

"Camila."she said finally noticing I wasn't listening to her.

"Stay for the rest of the month,I can't replace you that soon"I said looking at the papers she placed in front of me

"Give me a fucking break you know you Can"

"No one can replace you Lauren,I have to find someone that is half as good as you"

"Look Camila-"she was frustrated

"By the end of this month,that's the last thing I'll ask from you"I said finally looking up at her again

"Whatever It's only 15 days,but I'm not staying at night,that's all you"

"Okay"I replied expecting her to have had argued with me a bit more.She walked out of my office shortly after.15 days to make the woman of my dreams forgive me and make her fall in love again.

LpoV

15 more days that would give me more than enough time to do what I needed to hopefully.I was ready to liberate the very important part of me.

I called Lucy and told her of the 15 days,she didn't seem content but this was the last thing that I had left.Lunch came around quickly and I got ready to go pick up Lucy.

"Miss Jauregui, Miss Cabello needs you in her office"Ela said as she saw me exit my office

"For what specifically"

"She didn't say"of course,I walked towards Camilas office not knocking as I didn't feel I needed to anymore.

"I have something to do so what is it that you need?"

"I actually need you to help me out"she said not even looking at me as I walked in

"I'll do it after lunch"

"It won't take long I promise"

"Well then I'll get right on it after lunch"I wasn't going to give her her way

"Are you seeing someone for lunch?"She said finally looking up at me

"That's none of your business but yes, so I have to go"

"Okay I'll see you after lunch"she said looking down at her paper again

"So you're staying there for 15 more days"Lucy said shaking her head

"Yes"I said looking down at my food

"Then what?"the brown eyed woman asked as she sat across from me on the small table

"I'm not sure,I just know I don't want to stay here"

"Well is New York still a thing?"

"I could go back,but I mean it doesn't feel like home anymore,and honestly I don't want to go back there I need something new"

"You Can travel?I mean I know someone that has a lot of modeling photo shoots  around a couple of states maybe you'd want to come with her?"

"Mhm i would really have to know her though"I said smirking