Chapter 3 Refresh

I kept refreshing the page of my now ex girlfriend on Instagram. It was already becoming so hard to let go of this and I barely boarded the plane. Edward has been more hesitant to letting me go, even today in the morning he wasn't himself. Everything was just making my head spin, but I had to keep my composure, this was already becoming harder than I thought.The plane ride had been longer than I expected I just wanted to get home at this point.Well what now would be my home.

Once I landed in California I felt immediately better. A pressure lifted from my shoulders I felt like that 18 year old girl again that left to escape a world I didnt feel i belonged in. Now this world would have to fit into me. It took a while to receive my luggage but as I did I saw a man holding up my name.

Of Course Camila would be up to this.

"Miss.Cabello"i said as i chuckled at her wearing all black in front of the blacked out car.

"Hi Miss.Jauregui do you think im camouflaged enough"

"Do you really need to hide like this"

"Sometimes but I didnt want to take any risks"she said as she walked over to her Mercedez instead of the car she was leaning on

"Is your chauffeur not driving us fancy pants?"

"No of course not I have something to show you"she said pointing to her car" Thanks Luke you can go now"

"Why would you make that man come just to hold a sign at these ungodly hours"

"Its his job"she replied brushing it off as we both got into the car

"What is it that you need to show me"

"Well I know you had told me you didn't want to uh, stay with your parents right"she said fidgeting her hand on the wheel

"Yes, but I was planning on staying in a hotel at the moment so-"

"Nope you will not be doing that"she said smirking

"Ok, Camila look I accepted the job but what you offered was a partnership not a one up on me where I do everything you say job"

"Its not like that Lauren, uhm im sorry if i jumped the gun but you dont even know what the surprise is"her tone more serious now

"Im sorry I just-Im a bit on edge"i replied feeling like i hurt her feelings

"No its fine,"she replied looking at me as we stopped at a red light "Look, I know your situation and well the Condos where I live,well there was a person that moved out and I may have well i reserved it for you at no cost all through the company and if you dont like it well you do not have to stay"i felt a little taken back,I didnt think she would do all of this for me, this wasnt the Camila everyone thought they knew. The reserved woman who could kill someone with her eyes was being tender and thoughtful for me.

"You really didn't have to do that"

"I know but well, I did, but if you dont like it im totally fine for using it for storage or whatever"she said blushing

"Im sure it will be fine Camila"

"Well we are here its in the city so its close to work and to shops and all so youll be kept busy even after work" The condos were more than enough space, you could see the gym and pool from where the condo was.

"Plus ill be a couple doors down if you need me, even though Im not home alot if im being honest,only to sleep so I might not be much help"she said rambling as we got to the red door.

"Its fine, all I need is a bed which ill get soon"i said as she gave me the key and I opened the door "I guess I wont be waiting"I said as the apartment was completely furnished

"Yeah I uhm I went ahead and furnished it for you I hope you dont mind"

"You really really went out of your way Camila I cant thank you enough"I still couldn't believe the girl now woman that had been the coldest person to me was doing all of this for me.She was being the nicest person ever.

"I just wanted you to be able to settle fast for work you know"she said smirking

"Its beautiful"i replied hugging her,our height difference making it so that her forehead fit perfectly on my lips.Her soft hands caressed my back as the hug lasted longer than expected

"Youre welcome but uh I dont want to take more of your time Im in 7 if you need anything"she said putting her hands in her pocket, she looked overwhelmed as well

"Again thank you,uhm ill walk you out"i said getting closer to her as we walked towards the door.Accidently both of us reached for the knob and touched each others hands.

"Sorry"i said not getting over how much everything was becoming with her

"Its okay goodnight"she said leaving the room.I was finally alone and even though I liked my space, the only time I wasnt thinking about Victoria is when I was with Camila, but now I had all night to think about the other brunette in the other side of the country.

---------

I did not get as much sleep as I had wished, but I had work and got up and showered. For the first day I did not feel like dressing up much, so some lose dress summer pants heels and a tight top would d with a small yellow blazer.I curled my hair then put it up in a ponytail,the long hair had become too much to keep down,

"Good morning Miss.Jauregui, Miss.Cabello is already waiting for you"

"Oh shes in already?"

"Yes shes always here super early"

"Okay thanks"

I walked into the glass like office,Camila could see everything and everyone but nobody could see inside of her office.

"Good morning"

"Morning, uhm I will have Sasha show you around,but we do have a problem"she said looking up from the pile of papers she had in front of her

"What is it?"

"Well they are emptying the other big office so it isn't ready yet, and since well most of the work has to be done with me,well we will be in each other's faces a lot"

"That's not a problem honestly,if anything it will make it easier to work, and finish the projects sooner"

"I'm glad you see it this way,regardless all meeting with other people will be in the conference room"

My day went quickly after that little mishap.I honesty respected Camila even more now.She took this all more seriously than I could have imagined which was good.Yet I still felt kind of off by it all. I still get her kiss on my lips yet the hurt in my heart was even greater than that.After the long day I decided to just go to my new apartment I didn't want to deal with anything or anyone,but the knock on my door would change that.