Chapter 40 I lost

Seeing Lauren at the condos and not letting myself even smile at her was hard.But getting over this pain in my chest was going to be harder.Lauren was the love of my life and I lost her.Trying to get everything I wanted I lost myself  as well.I stooped low where I said I never would.

Getting to the office had a different atmosphere now.It hurt knowing I wouldn't get to see those emerald eyes anymore.Even when she was mad at me I still got excited to see her.Love is crazy.It made me feel crazy.

"Good morning Camila."the tall man said smiling at me

"You're early"I replied nonchalantly

"Yes.My sister told me how you always come in early so I did not want to disappoint."the fact that Lauren spoke of me to Chris made me smile

"Mhm nice of your sister to mention that.I hope you don't disappoint me."

"Did my sister disappoint you Camila?"he said looking at me confused

"No.So I will hold you to the same standard."

"I'll do that and more."he said smirking at me

"I doubt it."I replied and his smile fell off his face "Regardless it's nice to have you on board.Kristen told me you came yesterday.You Can take your sisters office.We don't have meetings today so get to know the personnel."

"Alright I'll get settled in."he replied walking over to what would now be his office.

"Miss Cabello, I have something for you."Ela said as I walked over to her

"What is it."

"Here I'm sure you'll know who it is from once you open it."she said handing me a box with a rose drawn on the top.I didn't expect Lauren to leave me anything specially not after everything.I walked over to my office and sat down placing the box in front of me.As much as I still loved Lauren, I was still hurt and angry.

All of these feelings made me want to not open the box.Yet everything else inside of me pushed me to open the box.Inside an infinite rose with a note and pedals under the rose.Everything in me began to melt for her.My eyes began to fill with water,my heart began to flutter.

Thank you for all those roses they didn't go un noticed  just like your love for me.Thank you for showing me what love is, the good and the bad.
Below is a pedal from all the 15 roses you left for me to hold.Even through everything just know I'll carry that love with me even after the pedals die.

I closed the box not knowing how to feel other then waves of different emotions love,pain,and regret.

The knock on my door took me out of my frenzy.I took a deep breath and wiped the tears away making sure my make up wasn't smeared.

"Come in."i said sitting up putting the box into one of my cabinets.

"Good morning Miss Cabello, I brought you your coffee."Kristen said smiling

"Thank you.You didn't need to."I said placing the coffee aside

"It's my pleasure"she said smiling

"What do we have for today?"

"I have spreadsheets that need overview and a presentation from marketing."

"Thank you that sounds good."I said turning on my laptop

"Is there anything I Can do for you?"she said still smiling

"Uhm no you can leave."i said trying to shake off all the feelings I was still swirled with from Lauren's going away present

"I'm sorry if I'm overstepping Miss Cabello but are you okay?"she said looking at me

"What do you mean?"I said giving her my attention that I had set on the computer