ramen & racing IV

"So, how's Indigo?" Leia asked, quickly changing the subject. She rested her chin on her knuckles, placing her elbow straight on the table.

"He's doing fine, I heard he aced his midterm earlier." You replied, slightly raising your eyebrows to confirm her signal. "He also mentioned that he installed a new diameter throttle body to his car, whatever that means. He was pretty excited about it though."

"What? Since when?" Oikawa chuckled lightly, leaning forward as the front legs of his chair laid flat on the ground. "I never ordered that piece."

"Well, I don't really know. He just said he was excited to test it out during the next big race you guys have." You turned your head towards Oikawa while crossing your arms, leaning back into your seat.

He looked up at the dim ceiling, scoffing loudly in exasperation. "This guy never fucking tells me anything anymore."

"What, do all of the Brawlers have to get permission from you to tune their own car?" Kuroo laughed, mocking Oikawa's concern while placing both of his arms behind his head.

Oikawa cocked both of his eyebrows, giving a stern look. "Of course they have to, I'd like to know what they're putting in their cars. I have to ensure their safety during races as they're my responsibility out there in the streets."

"What'd you do to this man?" Kuroo boomed as he turned to look at you, frightening you for a second. He pointed his left finger at Oikawa, "I can tell Cypher's changed, he isn't the same asshole I know. He's gone soft."

"You motherfucker," Oikawa growled before he stood up and leaned forward over the table, grabbing Kuroo's shoulders in order to wrestle a bit with him. They both struggled as Kuroo also stood up, placing a firm grip onto Oikawa's arms.

"Sit the fuck down already, both of you." Leia commanded as she watched them tussle with each other more. As they tried to see who was stronger, both Kuroo and Oikawa pushed back on one another—staring intently at the other with a smug look plastered on their faces.

"Hey! I ain't fuckin' around, take that shit outside!" Lev called from the back of the restaurant, shaking a pair of tongs in the air.

Kuroo and Oikawa let go from each other's grips and plopped back down into their chairs, heavily irritated and breathing hard from their little fight. Oikawa wiped his mouth before flinging off his bomber jacket and placing it behind his chair, slamming both of his elbows on the table. Kuroo crossed his arms, still staring intently at him.

"Seijoh Brawlers, my ass." Kuroo frowned, reclining back in his seat again and throwing his arm over Leia's shoulder. "You fight like a little bitch."

"Fuck you," Oikawa shot back slamming his fists on the table, rattling all the dishware on top. You didn't notice it at first, but you saw a new tattoo appear on his left arm, covering the entirety of his shoulder to his wrist like a sleeve.

It was a beautiful tattoo filled with waves in the background and pink cherry blossom flowers all over. The intricate detail covering his skin looked clean, including the katakana on the inner part of his wrist displayed in a tight brush stroke font. You wondered what story this tattoo told, whether it had meaningful symbolism or just a work of art he wanted inked onto him.

You reached out and touched his arm gently, tracing your index finger down the tattoo before placing your hand on top of his. Oikawa turned his head, startled by your subtle touch while peering down at you admiring his tattoo up close. Instantly, he placed his thumb and index finger in between your chin, staring straight into your eyes.

"My eyes are up here," he whispered into your ear, just barely brushing his lips against your cheek. You began to feel hot as his words flooded your ears, buckling your knees shut while you rested the tips of your shoes perpendicular against the concrete.