the suicide plan IV

September 30th — Four Days Later, Tokyo Detention House

It was already noon, and there hadn't been any news or updates on their release. Kuroo started to grow worried, knowing the worst was yet to come. He'd already thrown up in the small toilet at the end of his cell, ridding the nerves of his system. He wiped the mess off his face and collapsed on the tatami mats, curling up into a ball before shivering in disgust.

During the very little recreation time the prisoners had, his eyes were glued atop to the television watching the news of any updates of the outside world. It had been two days since Leia had promised they would blackmail and expose the TMPD, and Kuroo was so sure that their release would be immediate. Even if their attempt failed, they still would have leaked the information to the media, which would have already made it to the public by now. Kuroo thought they perhaps were running a bit late?

Leia was right about the influx of inmates to the prison; they've already begun room assignments to those with lower identification numbers. By the end of the day, Kuroo and Oikawa would be placed in the same cell, as their inmate numbers were neighboring—1098 and 1099.

Since Oikawa had not talked to Kuroo since his release from solitary, he was not able to inform him of the rescue plan B. He'd assume that you already told Oikawa during the granted visitation, but due to the lack of communication between them, Kuroo was left in the dark.

Fortunately, during the granted visitation, Leia had already looped you into informing Oikawa of everything. You also took notice of the guard's watching time frame, and handed him a copy of the same note Leia had given Kuroo. Surprisingly, it didn't take as much resistance from Oikawa to comply with it.

After the prisoners' labor work, the afternoon passed by with the sun setting in the far distance. The days were starting to get shorter, which meant the night time fell sooner. During his labor in the factory, Kuroo created a shiv from sharpening a broken part of a license plate into a fine point. It could cut through fabric easily, which meant it was definitely sharp enough to cut through his skin.

He wrapped the blade in duct tape and stuck it to the inside of his uniform on the flat side of his left chest so it didn't seem obvious he was hiding something in his pocket. Kuroo planned to take one of the knives from the cafeteria, but they were simply too dull to pierce through anything—the prison made sure not to supply anything that could be used as a weapon in reach to the inmates. After making sure the guards were not watching him stuff the knife into his uniform, he quickly went back to work, nervous throughout the rest of the day about it.

At dinner, Kuroo and Oikawa's meal plan consisted of western-styled steak with potatoes—granted, the amount given was small to offset the large wave of prisoners. Ironically for that night, they were given a fork and a steak knife to eat with it. As suspected, the knife was dull to the touch. Kuroo was thinking about taking it, but he knew the staff counted each utensil and plate at the end of the meal to check if any went missing.

Kuroo ate his meal in silence, just like any other day. Oikawa sat across the table from him, also eating his meal in complete silence. It's not like they were able to converse, anyways; but this time Oikawa stared straight at Kuroo through the tops of his eyes with his head tilted forward, all without saying a word. The ends of his mouth curled up a bit as he ate his food, chewing slowly with minimal movement.

Kuroo started to grow nervous again, forcing himself to finish the rest of his food even when he no longer had an appetite. He shoveled the food into his mouth and gulped down as much as he could to surpass the uncomfortability he was feeling. The end of dinner was approaching fast, and punishments were given to those who wasted their food.