finding the truth II

September 5th — three weeks before the granted visitation

"Damn it! Fuck the police!" Leia slammed her hands on the table, enraged by the situation. Kenma and Kita sat in the chairs on opposite sides, looking closely at the scattered paperwork on the desk. You resided on the opposite end of the table from Leia, Kenma on your left, and Kita on your right.

"I really don't understand what happened." Kita crossed his arms, itching at his neck as his fingers tapped along the edge of his chin. "Care to explain again?"

She scrunched her nose and scowled at him as she grabbed one of the papers off the dining room table. Leia had scolded him not to smoke inside her apartment, and although it had only been about thirty minutes, Kita's body began to crave for more nicotine. Every five minutes, he kept asking to step outside for a smoke break, yet Leia kept denying his requests.

"When I was searching through the remains of my father's office back up in the mansion, I found all of the receipts between him and the Tokyo Police Department dating back from the early nineties," Leia pointed to the scattered paperwork all over the table.

While popping a chip in his mouth, Kenma furiously scanned through the two pieces of paper in his hands, his eyes rapidly moving from top to bottom. You looked down at the one in front of you, picking up the edges of the business receipts labeled from over a decade back.

Detective Washijou's name displayed a few times over and over again, with the title of the transaction labeled as "Ten billion yen — Tokyo Police Department — 1999 March 10th." Below, it described the summary of the business deal in great extensive detail, all from the perspective of Mr. Sakanoshita. He kept records of every single transport, operation and transaction with official payroll stubs and photographs of the parties attached under the Sakanoshita crest.

Through the thousands of receipts, Leia had asked everyone to sort out the transactions dealt with the Tokyo Police Department, discarding the ones that mentioned the transports and operations DK, Cypher, Sly Fox, and Snake Eyes went on. What Leia and Kenma had planned was to put the TPD on blast, exposing their legal team bought out by the Sakanoshita Clan, letting all crime slip past through their fingers.

The evidence that the police had against Kuroo and Oikawa was circumstantial due to the lack of eye witnesses and a murder weapon present at the scene. All they had was the known connection between the Nohebi Clan, DK, and Cypher, in addition to the few sightings of their cars near the Sakanoshita Warehouse on that night.

After realizing that all their evidence was circumstantial, Leia had discovered that the bogus charge made against them was a ploy in order for them to pin the larger crimes on their sentences to keep them in prison. For some reason, the TPD weren't targeting Sly Fox at all—suspiciously only DK and Cypher.

Leia asked for your assistance in the drug business with your degree in Biochemistry, as it came handy in times like this. You had to help clean up Kuroo's hidden lab out where his previous residence used to be, all the dangerous lab equipment and hazardous chemicals all to be disposed of and stored properly.

She had also given you the permission to collect the shipments that still came in through the Tokyo Freight Terminal and Pier, both Kuroo and Oikawa's stash of pure uncut South American cocaine importing all the way from the United States. Apparently, Leia had to inform you that Oikawa's business still ran solid all throughout Asia and the Americas, his international business partners still delivering large shipments from time to time.

You had to store most of the cocaine and methamphetamine shipments inside Kuroo's hidden lab in the mansion hills of the abandoned Sakanoshita property. Kuroo asked Leia to put you in charge of analyzing the samples brought in from the shipments, making sure the product was pure and not cut with anything else. Usually Kuroo was the one who did it for both him and Oikawa, yet with them both in prison, the work was left to you and Leia.