midnight streets III

Just before the sun fully arose in the sky, Oikawa had awoken to the smell of cooked rice, fried eggs, and miso soup from your kitchen, gently lifting him from a trance. Soon, he heard some meat sizzling on the pan, accompanied by the clinks and clanks of some cookware. This time, his breathing was relaxed and his body wasn't aching from the pain anymore, all while the morning sun, all in its glory, kissed his skin with warmth through the window. Tucked under your thick white comforter, Oikawa smiled genuinely to himself, feeling peace and solace for the first time in seven months.

He found himself tempted to fully rise from your bed—naked and stiff. His eyes darted around your bedroom to find his underwear neatly folded on top of your dresser, along with the rest of the clean clothes Kenma had loaned him hours prior. Once he slid them on, he did a few morning stretches to loosen his muscles; doing a couple of kneeling lunges and push ups before dressing himself fully and meeting you in the kitchen.

The moment he exited your bedroom, Oikawa saw you standing behind the sink washing a few dishes while the miso soup was boiling on the stove, noticing a family style assortment of fried eggs, steamed rice and various meats on the dining table. Both his plate and yours were set out next to some silverware, where he admired your efforts to greet him with a warm breakfast.

He tip-toed across the wooden floor, sneaking up behind you before encasing your body in a delicate hug, pressing his chest against your back and slipping his arms under yours before locking his fingers around your waist. While snuggling his head in the crook of your neck, he traced along the curve from your shoulder all the way up to your jaw with his lips, planting quick kisses on your skin.

"Good morning, my love." Oikawa whispered with an endearing tone, finally resting his final kiss on the helix of your ear.

You smiled and turned off the faucet before wiping your hands on a nearby kitchen towel, turning around to greet the man embracing you tightly. "Good morning."

Sooner or later, the two of you sat down and began eating the food you cooked, savoring each bite. Oikawa closed his eyes and relished in the comfort of a home cooked meal, something he knew was made out of love instead of necessity. Even if the breakfast you cooked wasn't anything too extravagant, it made him treasure the simplicity he felt towards life. Never in a million years did he expect to instill gratuity within a small breakfast, but knowing how quickly a moment like this could be stripped away from him, he wanted to showcase his appreciation in it as best as he could.

During breakfast, the two of you talked, catching up on what happened within the past few weeks since you'd last seen him during the granted visitation at the prison. You talked about some furniture decorations you'd put up since the last time he visited, and asked if Mr. Nekomata was doing well. You laughed along

He then raised his eyebrows and pointed his pinky finger at the side of your left ribs, directly asking about your new tattoo in between bites of his food. "What's the story behind the Sakura branch? Is it new?"

"It's fairly new—Leia took me to meet Sakusa at his shop in Kabukicho, and they all convinced me to get a tattoo from him right then and there." You casually explained, swallowing some of the food on your own plate. "It was a couple of days before I saw you again during our visitation, but it wasn't visible at the time because it was wrapped under gauze and bandages, tucked under my clothes."

"Ah, I figured, it looks exactly like Sabbath's work," Oikawa grinned from ear to ear, rolling up the left sleeve of his hoodie to reveal the decorated waves and sakura flowers on his left arm, flexing his small muscles to comically impress you. "I guess we're matching now."

You laughed along, knowing his figure had shrunk in size because of prison. Fortunately, he looked a lot better than when you saw him a week ago, which means he's quick to recover back to his old self again. You just only hoped the same for Iwaizumi whenever he decided to wake up.