renegade nights I

The temperature of the condo decreased as the silence grew, both you and Leia staring at each other with guilt for one another. You felt ashamed for eavesdropping on their conversation while Leia felt disappointed in herself for exposing the news so suddenly. Regardless, none of you were at fault as the situation came unexpectedly with no time to prepare.

Your fingers started to tremble while your body felt like it was sinking deeper and deeper into the couch. Leia paced in front of the window wall anxiously, scratching the back of her head while thinking of ways to explain the situation. Drugs were one thing, but murder was on an entirely different tier of morality—how was she supposed to justify it?

"I'll keep quiet," you murmured out, backing into the corner of the couch. "If you're worried about me going to the police, you don't have to—"

Leia abruptly called your name out, startling you for a bit. She raised her hands up in front of herself, reassuring the situation. "Relax, relax. We're not going to do anything to you."

She stared straight into your eyes and eased her hands down to the couch, touching the cushion before sitting down close to your body. Your heart pounded louder in your chest, unable to clearly hear her attempts to calm you down. In an instant, she grasped both of your hands in between hers, leaning forward into your face.

"I just need you to stay calm," she softly spoke, her silhouette shadowed in the neon lights outside. "Tooru may or may not tell you about what happened, so if he does, don't mention that you heard the news from me."

Her voice was solemn and straight-forward, dealing with the situation in extreme caution while you avoided making eye contact with her. You tried your best to remain calm while you nodded your head in agreement, still slightly shaken by the news.

Suddenly, you both heard two engines roar into the night—the sound of the cars were distinct with a high pitched rotation, knowing exactly it was Oikawa and Kuroo behind the wheels.

You were unable to make a clear judgement in the moment—the first night you met Oikawa, he seemed genuine, showing a side of himself you did not expect someone like him would show. He was honest, gentle and vulnerable with not only you, but with himself as well. Yet tonight, it seemed like he was the complete opposite, not sure if what you perceived him to be earlier was true.

Leia immediately stood up and walked over to the window, peering down at the street filled with vehicles and pedestrians. The familiar white and red cars accelerated loudly beneath the building, their engines echoing up to where you both were.

"They're here. I just saw them pull in." Leia quickly sat back on the couch, acting as nothing happened within the past five minutes.

You sat still in your seat, patiently waiting for what was to come next. It was difficult to think about ways to avoid mentioning the situation to Oikawa without including how you obtained the information, unsure if you should even bring it up in the first place. You thought if it was even worth staying in his condo after learning what he did, wondering if you should just leave the premises instead.

"Leia, I—"

Click Click.

You both whipped your heads around when the door lock went off from behind the couch, interrupting your attempt to converse with Leia one last time.

Your eyes shifted towards the door swinging open while Oikawa stepped in first, covered in scratches, blood stains and dirt scuffs. Punctures, gashes and bloodstains were made into his white t-shirt while his black jeans were defiled and dripping with dirt and dark splashes of a wet substance. His knuckles were bruised and battered while he gripped his hand into a fist, the red marks of his wounds bulging from his skin.