03. The Another Prince

Peng happily returned to his seat. He didn't understand what was wrong with him, but meeting Jingyu seemed to have made his day brighter.

"Hey, lil bro, you look so happy even though I lost competition. What's happening???".

"Ah..Fang..it's nothing. I've just met someone".

"Woah...are you in love?? That's great news!! Who and where is she? I also want to meet that girl".

"Girl???" Pang asked confused.

"Yeah, the girl you just met. It can't be that you mean it is actually a boy, right? ".

Pang replied nervously "Oh..yeah..the girl..she had already left".

"Too bad, but you got her phone number, right?".

"What!!!! Gosh, I forgot to ask that guy!!!".

"That guy?", Fang was confused.

"Girl, I mean, that girl. How could I have said guy?".

"Relax bro. We can find her on weibo, you know her name right? I'll help you later".

"Ah, don't worry Fang. We'll see each other again soon."

"Hey, so you already asked her out? It's really fast. You seem to really like that girl".

"No..no..that guy...I mean, that girl promised to give me something".

"Seriously?? Can I come with you? I wanna meet her".

"Huh?? No. Sorry...".

"Hahahaha, relax. It's your date, I wouldn't disturb you anyway. Let's go home".

"Eh, how's the competition??".

"It's over. I said earlier that I had lost. Ugh, that sucks".

"Hahahaha, it's okay, Fang. I believe one day you will definitely win".

"When? Next year I will be in college. I can't take part in competitions like these anymore. Aaarrggghhh, I'm really annoyed".

"Hahahaha, but you can form a new band in your campus. It would be so cool".

"Really??? Thank you for the compliment. But all I want right now is to take a quick shower and have a nice dream. Come on, sweety."

"Eeeewwww.... Don't call me sweety!!!.

Fang just laughed and then the two headed home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE NEXT DAY

Jingyu quietly left the classroom. Today he has to work in the Boxing Club. He has to earn money to buy new shoes. The shoes that his father bought him were too small for his big feet. But he couldn't tell his father because he was afraid of hurting his feelings. So, all he had to do was to buy shoes of the exact same color and model in order not to get caught.

"Booo...", suddenly Max appeared in front of him.

"Skipping school again, you bad boy".

"It's none of your business!!", replied Jingyu.

"None of my business?! Reeeaaalllyy?? COME HERE!!!!", Max pulled Jingyu into a narrow alley.

"You made my band lose the competition".

"Huh? Me?? What have I done? It's your own fault. You left the competition before finishing your song".

"B*st*rd!!!! It's because of you!!!"