24 : Honesty

Proofread by : dylanwolfieobrien

🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳

As usual, every morning, Jingyu's father brought plastic trash to throw in front of his house. But this morning he was surprised by a boy sleeping in front of his house. He patted the boy's shoulder.

"Hey!..." He said, but there was no answer from the boy, then Jingyu's father touched his forehead, and it felt a little hot. Then he shook his body but the boy still didn't budge. Jingyu's father became panicked and called to Jingyu. Jingyu came running out of house to his father.

"What is it, Pa? Eh... Peng???", Jingyu asked surprised.

"You know him?", His father asked.

"Yes, he's my friend. What we should do, Pa???", Asked Jingyu having no idea on what to do.

"Help me bring him in", said his father.

"Okay", with that Jingyu carried Peng's limp body into his house.

"Jingyu...", suddenly Peng's head moved and his hand tightly gripped Jingyu's shirt.

"Yeah Peng. Be patient. We'll lay you down first."

Jingyu laid Peng's body on his bed and covered him with a thick blanket. Then ran to get warm water. Jingyu's father wiped the dust off of Peng's face.

"What happened to you? Did my son get into trouble with you?", asked Jingyu's father worried.

Peng shook his head slowly.

Jingyu came in with a large basin of warm water and a small towel to compress Peng's forehead.

"What happened, Peng?", Asked Jingyu

Peng turned his face away and cried.

🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳

Weizhou sat anxiously. Jingyu didn't come to school today and all the students were talking about what happened yesterday. Some people even made up malicious gossips about Jingyu.

"I heard he did it at his old school", said one student.

"Yeah...no wonder he has no friend", the other one added.

"I've heard that he worked at a gay bar before".

"Really? He is very poor, I bet he has no choice"

"It's not like that, he's just too bitch... hahahaha".

"BE QUITE!!!". Weizhou screamed standing up with an angry face at everyone in his class. He took his bag and left the classroom. Ryan chased after him and caught his arm.

"Wait Zhou, where are you going?", asked Rayn worriedly.

"Jingyu...", replied Weizhou.

Weizhou shook Ryan's hand and walked away. Ryan just took a deep breath and let Weizhou go.

🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳

Weizhou went straight to Jingyu's house. Just as he was about to knock on the door, the door suddenly opened.

"Weizhou...".

"Jingyu..."

Their eyes locked and time seemed to stand still. Jingyu didn't know why, but he felt very calm just by looking at Weizhou's face and Weizhou also couldn't take his eyes off of Jingyu's eyes. Jingyu was looking a little tired and he was wearing his usual clothes, with his hair wet with his body sweating a little and that slightly parted lips...., With great difficulty, Weizhou tried to swallow his saliva.