47 : The Prince & The Queen

Proofreader : whalemeow0i

Weizhou was still sleeping soundly as the sun gave warmth through the glass windows

Weizhou was still sleeping soundly as the sun gave warmth through the glass windows. Jingyu had woken up and now he was walking around in the hospital garden. It was almost time his mother to visit him, but Jingyu still wanted to get some warmth from the sun after last night's heavy rain. Jingyu pulled the IV pole towards the bench in the park. He plans to sunbathe. But before he could sit down, someone called out to him.

"Jingyu....".

Jingyu turned only to be met with familiar eyes. Eyes that were the same color as his lover.

"Aunt...".

The middle-aged woman with a pale face walked closer to Jingyu. Her eyes are swollen.

"Good morning, Aunty".

Jingyu bowed his head, but his body shook with fear. Mama Xu swallowed hard to moisten her throat.

"Jingyu, can we talk?".

Her voice was hoarse and trembling. Jingyu just nodded then sat on the long bench and Mama Xu sat beside him.

"Is....my son still here?".

Jingyu just nodded without looking Mama Xu in the eyes.

"Jingyu", Mama Xu tried to control her breathing.

"You're a good boy. And....". Mama Xu trembled. Tears suddenly welled up in her eyes.

"My son.... he's a sweet boy, right?".

Jingyu kept his mouth shut. Gives an uncomfortable atmosphere between them. Mama Xu looked at Jingyu who was starting to sit up restlessly.

"Okay... so... I know that you... like my son. Jingyu...".

Mama Xu grabbed Jingyu's palm. Jingyu could feel Mama Xu's cold hand gripping his trembling hand.

"I... never forbid you to like anyone. But... what you... and my son are doing... now... is wrong".

Jingyu swallowed hard. He turned his head to avoid Mama Xu's gentle gaze.

"You... you can love him, you can love him but... you can't tie him up... like you do now".

"I... never tied or forced him to be with me. It was... we were together because... we loved each other".

Mama Xu tightened her grip. "That is wrong!!".

Mama Xu's voice pierced Jingyu's ears.

"That's not love. You... and my son... are just... confused".

"Confused??".

"Yes!!! That usually happens to young people like you".

"What do you mean, aunty?", Jingyu tried to contain his emotions.