44 : Be Brave part 1

Proofread by  whalemeow0i

️🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱🐳🐱

Weizhou sat restlessly in his chair. He kept glancing at Jingyu's empty seat. It's almost the first break now and Jingyu hasn't shown up yet. He had already asked Miss Anna about Jingyu, but Miss Anna didn't know anything about Jingyu's whereabouts.

Is he sick??

He could only meet Jingyu at school. But if Jingyu didn't come to school, he had no chance to meet him. Weizhou was staring out the window when he suddenly saw a familiar figure.

"Sorry Miss Anna.... I have to go to the toilet".

Weizhou ran towards the door even before Miss Anna gave permission. He ran as fast as he could until he found someone he saw from the classroom window.

"Dddaaaaddddd....".

Weizhou tried to control his breathing. The man in front of him turned around and smiled when he saw Weizhou's face.

"Oh son..... how....".

"Jingyu....what happened to Jingyu, Dad??

Weizhou was still having a hard time catching his breath, but he couldn't contain his curiosity.

"He must be absent for a few days. That's why I came here to ask permission", replied Jingyu's father.

"What?? Absent? Why??".

"Yesterday he helped his boss from a robbery, but unfortunately....".

Jingyu's father tried to control his breathing which was starting to feel heavy.

"One of them shoot him."

"What?? He got shoot?? How is he now, Dad? Is he all right??".

"Yeah, luckily the bullet didn't hit his vitals. But he still needs to rest a lot. When he was shoot yesterday, the ambulance Mr. Lee called was stuck in traffic. So, Jingyu was a bit late in arriving at the hospital. He lost a lot of blood, but now he's getting better."

Suddenly, the scene of Jingyu lying helplessly on the white sheet appeared in Weizhou's mind. His eyes burned and his heart ached.

"Dad, are you going to the hospital now?"

"Yes".

"Please, wait for me here. I will come with you".

"But son, you can't leave class. You can come after school. I'll give you the address."

"No!!! My mom wouldn't allow me".

"What??".

"Dad, please wait for me here. I will get my bag. So please wait for me here".

Weizhou turned and ran towards his class. Jingyu's father wanted to go and leave Weizhou because he didn't want Weizhou to play truant. But his steps stopped when he reached the school gate. He stared at the school building then waited for Weizhou to go with him.

Weizhou entered the room, which was dominated by white. Jingyu's mother sat beside the hospital bed, while Jingyu lay there. Weizhou's knees trembled. Suddenly, the bed felt very far away from him. His eyes burned, tears began to flood his eyes, clouding his vision.

"Jingyu...".

Weizhou whispered softly, but it was successful enough to get Jingyu's mom attention.

"Oh... you're Weizhou right?".