09 : Pull The Knight Back

Out of curiosity, Weizhou secretly followed Jingyu. He felt that something bad had happened to him, and it was so obvious that Jingyu didn't want to tell him about it. He didn't even want to talk to him.

Jingyu stopped at an old house that looked creepy. He just stood quietly in front of the gate, looking nervous. When he was about to leave, suddenly a middle-aged man appeared shouting his name.

"JINGYU!!!!", the man shouted.

Jingyu turned around and bowed respectfully.

"Sorry Papa. I know, I shouldn't have done it, but... honestly I'm glad they kicked me out of that school".

"What are you talking about? I've spent a lot of money on you and you... you say that?! Are you stupid??", his Papa shouted.

"Yeah...yeah...yeah...I'm so stupid, Dad. So please, don't waste your money for my school again", replied Jingyu.

"WHAT??!!!".

"Let me work instead, Papa".

"Work??? Hahahaha.... you must be kidding right??".

"No. I'm being serious, pa".

Weizhou kept watching them from the corner.

"What kind of job do you want to do? You think you can get a job easily? You don't have any skills, Jingyu".

"Honestly, I'm not sure I can accomplish it, but I'll try. So, please let me work, Pa".

Jingyu bowed in front of his father again, but his father turned his back on him instead.

"You're only 17, son. What do you think you can do?"

"I know I'm stupid, but this time I promise I will do my best".

"Then do the best you can. But don't come back to this house until you succeed."

"What??!! But Papa, if I go, where should I stay?". Jingyu was confused. He really didn't want to go back to that school. But if he had to leave, he had nowhere to stay. Furthermore, he had no money to rent a place to live in.

"Papa...", whispered Jingyu.

"There is nothing left to discuss, you must go to school. Now, go inside, clean yourself and let's have dinner".

"Papa..... I'm leaving".

Papa Jingyu was shocked to hear that. He didn't think that Jingyu would take his terms seriously. He clenched his fists. He couldn't let his son go, but he couldn't force his son to go back to school either. He knew very well how stubborn his son was, just like him. He could only sigh.

"Don't go anywhere, Jingyu."

"But Pa, I don't want to go back to that school".

"Find a job. If you don't get it in a week's time, you have to go back to school. Got it?!?!".

"Understood Pa!!!!", replied Jingyu with a big smile.

Jingyu followed his father into the house. So did Weizhou.

"Uummm...sorry, excuse me....Jingyu....".

Papa Jingyu turned to look at where the voice was coming from, and Jingyu just muttered in annoyance.

"Is he your friend, Jingyu?", asked Papa Jingyu while pointing at Weizhou.

"No, he is not, Papa", replied Jingyu curtly as he walked past his Papa and ignored Weizhou. But Weizhou didn't let Jingyu ignore him anymore.

"Jingyu....about last night...".

Jingyu turned and ran towards Weizhou, "Ah!!! My friend!!! Come on in.... Papa, let him into my room he..he..he...", Jingyu chirped.