18 : Princess

Proofreader : chefchez

Meng returned to Jingyu's room and did not find Peng nor Weizhou in it. Jingyu turned around and saw Meng's worried face.

"Jingyu....".

"Meng, what are you doing here?"

"Did you forget? I helped your friend bring you here".

"But I think you should watch the match, Fang needs you".

Jingyu could feel a bitter taste when he said those words to Meng.

"The match is over and Fang will be here soon. Oh, where are Peng and your friend?".

"They went out, maybe to get themselves a drink".

"Ahh, and what about your wound? Your left arm is broken."

"I'm fine. You don't have to worry".

"What?? We're friends, Jingyu. Huh, I don't understand why you are you like this?".

"Like what? I'm still the old Jingyu".

"No!! Uncle told me that you changed schools because you hit your friend at your old school. Is that true?".

"It was his fault. He started it all."

"I know, Fang already told me. You were bullied by your school friends".

"Fang told you?"

"Yeah... And Jingyu, what you did to them doesn't make you any better than them".

"So I have to sit still and let them step on my face?".

"It's not like that... but you....".

"Meng, can you call my father? I want to get out of here as soon as possible".

"But you're still....".

"Meng...please...".

"You changed Jingyu. You used to be a good boy...".

"Meng!!! Can't you see me??? I'm not a kid anymore!!!!".

Meng backed away, she couldn't believe it. It was the first time Jingyu had shouted at her.

"Jingyu..."

Jingyu just turned his face so he wouldn't have to look at Meng's face.

*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*

Jingyu was getting ready to leave the hospital when Fang entered his room.

"Oh Jingyu, you want to go home?"

"Yes Fang".

Fang paid respects to Jingyu's father and Jingyu's father just nodded. Jingyu could sense something strange from his father. He was sure, when he gets home, his father would lash out at him.

"Fang, how was the match?", asked Jingyu.

"Oh... good. Look, I won again".

"Great!!!".

"Yeah, but too bad my girlfriend wasn't there to see it".

"Oh, sorry Fang", said Jingyu feeling really guilty.

"It's fine. She's your friend too. If Peng had told me you were in trouble, I would have left the match too".

"You don't have to, I can...".

"Eh, where's Meng?", Fang cut in.

"Oh, she was out earlier. Probably wanted to tell Peng and Weizhou that I was going home."