08 : The Annoying Prince

Proofreader : chefchez
Thank u as always, bro ❤️

Jingyu walked slowly through the school gate. He didn't want to go home. Surely, his father would punish him. He was so scared. It was all his fault, and he couldn't defend himself in front of him.

"Jingyu....". The voice came from across the street, but Jingyu didn't seem to hear it.

"Jingyu!!!". Jingyu was startled when a hand lightly tapped his shoulder.

"Huh...? What?? Eh, Peng???".

"Hi......", Peng smiled broadly at him. But Jingyu didn't seem interested at all.

"Hi, why are you here?", asked Jingyu.

Peng sensed Jingyu's reluctance and he didn't like it. He suddenly thought of Weizhou. Instantly, it pissed him off a little.

"Nothing. I just wanted to see you. Are you okay?", asked Peng.

"Hum...", Jingyu only answered briefly and nodded.

"Are you hurt?" Peng asked again.

"No. I'm fine. Don't worry", Jingyu tried to give him a fake smile and Peng saw through it. He wanted to ask further but he was afraid it would make Jingyu both upset and angry, so he stopped his questioning.

"Jingyu, tomorrow I will join the boxing club. Will you accompany me today to buy the things I need?" Peng asked hopefully.

Jingyu wasn't in the mood to do anything today. "Where's Fang? Why don't you ask him to accompany you?" asked Jingyu.

Peng desperately wanted Jingyu to accompany him, and, since Jingyu seemed like he really didn't want to, Peng immediately decided to lie to him, hoping to get his chances up.

"Fang is hanging out with his band mates. Please Jingyu, I don't have any other friends", said Peng.

Jingyu really didn't want to do anything now. "Peng, sorry, but I really can't accompany you now".

Peng got slightly angry. "Why?" he asked.

"I have no excuses. I just don't want to go. That's all". Having said that, Jingyu left Peng just like that.

Peng really couldn't accept this. Yesterday Weizhou ruined his day and now Jingyu didn't want to accompany him. "Jingyu!!!!", Peng shouted until he caught his attention, making Jingyu turn around.

"What?!".

"I will come with you!!".

"Come with me? Where?", asked Jingyu confused.

"Wherever you are going. You look lonely. Fang told me that you were often bullied by your classmates. So, can I go with you?" Peng asked.

"Ah, no need. It's not their fault that I'm being bullied. It's because... I'm not a good kid. Please leave me, Peng". Jingyu turned and walked away from Peng, but Peng ran to him, grabbed Jingyu's arm and hugged him. It really surprised Jingyu.