19 : Deep

Proofreader : chefchez

Weizhou waited anxiously in front of Jingyu's house. Jingyu hasn't fully recovered yet, but he promised to come to school today. So, Weizhou came early to pick up Jingyu, so they could go to school together. Jingyu's gate house opened and a large person appeared. Jingyu's father frowned at seeing Weizhou so early.

"You... What are you doing here?".

"Oh, Hi Dad. Is Jingyu...".

"Hufft, you can wait for him at school".

Weizhou just smiled awkwardly hearing that. Jingyu's father seemed to be struggling with his plastic bag, so Weizhou reached out to help him, but Jingyu's father refused.

"No need!!".

Weizhou was surprised to hear the tone of his voice, because it was unusual for Jingyu's father to speak to him in such a tone.

"Dad... are you okay? Are you mad at me?".

Jingyu's father was silent.

"Dad...please don't be angry. Jingyu is innocent. Do you know that he is always bullied by his friends?".

"Yeah, and that's not an excuse to hit someone. Son, you know, Jingyu can kill people when he's angry. And that's dangerous. He's just a kid. Kids his age are used to being bullied, he just has to endure it".

"Dad... I know you are afraid that Jingyu will become a bad boy, but Jingyu is not one. He knows his limits, his abilities. He has dyslexia and he got into trouble because of it. And there are some people who talk badly about him in front of his nose. If you were in his position, could you hold it? He tried his best to hold it in. But sometimes he just can't. I don't want him to be a bad boy either. But he's only a human, Dad".

Jingyu's father took a deep breath. He listened to Weizhou's words carefully.

"Yeah you're right... but...".

"Sorry Dad, but have you actually talked to him? I mean, have you ever asked him about his school life, about his friends, his situation at school? Do you know that he still can't write properly?".

"Huh??".

"He must try to catch up with his friends, even though he still has to face problems because he has dyslexia. He once asked his teacher for help but the teacher was only trying to cheer him up, not help him. And that didn't help at all for Jingyu. He was struggling alone, Dad. He's already had enough problems. And he also still has to refrain from being bullied by his friends. He's only human. He has limits. I hope you can realize it, Dad?".

Jingyu's father took a deep breath once again.

"You seem like a good boy."

"Huh??" Weizhou blinked, not understanding what Jingyu's father meant.

"Yesterday your friend told me that Jingyu has been a naughty boy since he met you. So last night I told Jingyu not to hang out with you anymore. But he got angry and told me that you were a good boy. And I think what he said was true".

Weizhou's smile widened hearing that.

"Ah.. have you had breakfast?".

Weizhou shook his head excitedly.

"Come on in and have breakfast with us".

Weizhou followed Jingyu's father's footsteps with a smile that never left his lips.