Chapter 28

We get back to L'manburg with Techno. They have put him in a cage with an anvil ready to fall onto Techno.

Tubbo, Quackity, and Fundy are all gloating to Techno that he's going to die. I don't feel the need to brag. I've won and that's enough.

All of a sudden Punz appears in the middle of the execution and starts attacking everyone.

"Pull the lever Big Q!" Tubbo shouts.

Quackity flips the switch and the anvil starts falling. Right as the anvil should've killed Techno, he didn't die. It's like the anvil disappeared. Techno kicks the bars and escapes. Everyone's too busy with Punz to notice. I get Quackity's attention and he understands. He follows me as I follow Techno.
Techno disappears into a small hole. And so do we, once we enter it's just a dark hallway leading to a cave. We keep walking and I see black stone. I realize what this place is. It's The Final Control Room. Where Eret betrayed us.

I pull out my sword and so does Quackity.

"So Y/n you come for revenge?" Techno's voice echos throughout the cave.

"Stay alert." I whisper to Big Q.

"Or are you here to finish the job you couldn't do?" Techno taunts.

"Come out and face me." I demand.

Techno steps out of the shadow. "Here I am. You want round two?"

"Why not." I smirk. "Your basically un-armed I don't see why your so cocky."

"I have a pickaxe, and I'll put it through your teeth!" He shouts and lunges in with his pickaxe.

I block and push him back. Then he goes for Quackity and his pickaxe slices his face. Blood dripping from Q's angered face.

Quackity starts fighting with no logic and only emotion. And Techno blocks knowing where Q is going to attack next. It seems they've forgotten me. And I don't really care about Big Q so I leave.

  I can get my revenge another time, best not to die today. I walk out of the cave and head back to the castle.

  Thinking back to what Karl had said. What did he mean by Dream was going to get me killed. And that he could save me but I'd hate him if he did. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Dream's been my life long enemy but now what is he.

  A way to power?

  Or is he more?

  He certainly made it clear he cares about me. But do I feel the same way. I don't know. I had sworn I'd make him suffer but I don't want him to hurt. He protects me, he loves me. I guess I have to figure my feelings out.

  I make it back to the castle. Yet again back home. Home this is my home now, not L'manburg not anymore. L'manburg is my past and Dream is my present.

  "Dre-" I start to yell before I hear voices. Then I quiet down and listen in.

  "But you don't actually care about her do you Dream?"

  "No of course not. She's just a pawn, a pawn to checkmate. She can help get me power over everyone. Once she has then I'm done with her and I'll kill her." Dream says.

  "Then why is she worth losing me. If you don't care about her?!" Sap questions.

  "Because Sapnap! She gives me power! And you? What do you give me?" Dream shouts.

  "Whatever, George and I will leave. You clearly don't need us all you need is Y/n. But then again your only using her for power. She'll leave you when she finds out you don't actually care." Sap says and walks out of the kitchen.

  I quickly run into the woods outside the castle to hide. As Sap stomps his way down the path angrily.

  Dream doesn't care about me. Fucking hell, how could I be such a fool. And when I finally started to trust him he breaks my trust. Deep down I had to have known he could never change.

  He'll always be my enemy forever and always.

  A few tears fall down my cheeks as I wipe them off. I don't know why I'm crying, it's not like I cared about Dream. But Karl did say keep your enemies closer. I guess I'll have to do that. For now at least, until I figure out what I should do. I have to at least pretend.

  I strut into the castle acting as if I didn't hear that conversation.

  "Oh Y/n your back! What happened?" Dream asks as he walks over to me.

  "We got Techno but he somehow escaped and I left Quackity fighting him alone. I didn't really care what happened to Quackity. But I can get my revenge another time. It isn't worth dying for." I explain.

  "Well, interesting. But I have news Tommy is not at his exile home. Sap had checked for me earlier and it seems he's left."

"Oh really, he just left? And what do you want me to do about that?"

"I think he went to Techno's house and you know where he lives so I would like you to go and check." Dream says.

"I don't think I'll be welcome after trying to murder him."

"You can go when he's not at home. He goes to explore quite a lot, you don't need to interact I just need to know where Tommy is." Dream says.

  "Alright, you can tell me when I should go but until then I'm going to go to my room. I'm so tired of running around I need to rest." I say and head towards the stairs.

"Okay, I'll figure out when Techno is gone now go rest up." Dream agrees and smiles.

  I half smile back and roll my eyes once he can't see my face anymore. I can't believe I thought he really cared about me, when he just wants me for power. He's sending me to Techno's house to do his dirty work. This is stupid.
But soon he will regret screwing with me. Pretending he cares about me. I'm done trusting him, I've given him his second chance. Clearly he blew it now what am I to do? But get revenge, vengeance.

I don't want to be a pawn. I want to be the king.

1061 words
*EDITED*