Chapter 39

Y/n pov
Before the explosion

  "So Y/n why did you want to escape Dream?" Karl asks.

  I look at him and laugh. "Are you serious?"

  He looks at me with a confused look.

  "Oh you are, well he's manipulative and abusive he ruined my relationship with Tommy. He kidnapped me and held me hostage, and got my brother killed. I could go on but we'd be here all day." I say with barley any expression.

  "But the last time I saw you guys, you were happy?" He questions.

  "You were spying on us?" I say intrigued.

  "Only once because I had other things I had to see."

  "Well we were happy. There was a time where I would've done anything for him. I acted as I hated his guts but at the time I was lying to myself. But then I realized he never loved me and only was using me until he could kill me." I explain as my voice starts to break.

"You seem as your about to cry?" He says.

"It's nothing, just overwhelming you know with everything going on. Along with my past." I smile.

  "I've seen Dream after your "death" he was really upset." Karl says.

  "I don't think we're talking about the same Dream." I chuckle knowing he wouldn't care.

  "Y/n I can take you there, he really did care about you from what I saw." He explains.

  I think about it. "No, I don't want to. Nothing can change my mind about him, and if it can I don't want to see it."

  "Okay, but whenever you do I'll take you."

  "Thanks but I won't ever want to." I start getting annoyed.

"Anyways why are you so chill with L'manburg getting exploded? Wasn't it your home?" Karl asks.

"It was my home, but ever since Will died. I have lost care for it. The only part of it I care about is the people, people like Tubbo and Ranboo." I explain as I look over the cliff before it's all gone.

"Well that's just sad. L'manburg was a good country with potential you could've saved it, I've seen other realties." He says bluntly.

"Whatever." I try brushing off what he just said.

I don't need to rethink my decisions. I feel just fine with what I've decided.

Techno's created the withers and now chaos is everywhere. Everyone is running and screaming in terror. The grid above L'manburg starts raining down with tnt. Explosions happen everywhere you look.

A single tear rolls down my cheek as I salute to whats to the end of an era.

  I'll miss you L'manburg I really will.

  I see Tommy and Techno arguing on a small platform over the giant hole. Techno pushes Tommy to the edge and he jumps to the other platform. Barley making it he dangles off the edge.

Techno's aiming his crossbow at Tommy. I told him I didn't want anything to happen to the people. I have to stop him. I quickly get out my bow and arrow and aim at Techno's arm. I take a deep breath and pull back the string. This has to hit or Tommy's dead.
I release the arrow and it flies all the way down there. I can barley see but it hits Techno right where I wanted. He lowers his crossbow in order to pull out the arrow and he looks up at me. He nods his head in agreement he won't kill Tommy.

  Right as I felt a moment of relief I see Tommy slipping off the edge. But as he loses grip Tubbo catches his arm and pulls him up. Thank god.
  Wait Techno has his crossbow loaded at Tubbo. Why is he? The arrow shoots out and Tommy jumps in front of it throwing Tubbo to the side.

"NO!" I scream and let out many tears.

As I'm crying Karl interrupts. "Y/n he's not dead, look."

I look up and see Tommy throwing the arrow into the hole. It explodes as it falls. He's okay. I see him collapse onto his face after. Then I notice Technos gone, he must be on his way. I should go back and meet him.

  "Thanks for the company Karl but I should be going." I turn to face him.

  "Yeah no problem, hope I'll see you again in the future." He smiles.

  I roll my eyes playfully as I walk down the hill. As I do I see Techno on his horse waiting for
me, I look around for my horse. And then I realize I forgot to tie it to a fence. So I walk up to Techno.

  "Hey Techno...funny story-" I start before he cuts me off.

  "Just get on already." His monotonous voice says.

  "Heh heh okay." I chuckle as I climb onto the horse and sit behind Techno.

"Am I a bad person?" Techno asks out of nowhere whilst we ride back home.

"Define bad?" I laugh.

"Y/n..." He says sounding annoyed.

"Okay okay, well to me you're not a bad person. But to the rest of the server I don't know." I state.

"I never wanted to be seen as the bad guy. It's the voices they want blood." He mutters as we approach the house.

"Voices? What voices?" I ask while we walk inside.

"They're in my head and they won't shut up ever they want chaos and blood."

"I-Is this why you shot at Tubbo after I told you not to hurt them?" I stutter.

"Sort of, they can't make me do anything. Just influence and they're pretty convincing."

  I stuttered. "When did they- how did-?"

  "6 years ago, when I was 15. The details don't matter but let's just say I can't be killed." He explains.

"Wait did you like sell your soul to the devil or something." I jokingly say.

Technoblade pov

Little does she know. At 15 that's where everything went wrong. One of the many reasons I left our family. Phil helped me stay off the grid for all these years. No one remembered me except Phil I can't explain why because I don't know why.

But that's another story for another time.

1038 words
*EDITED*