Chapter 60

Y/n pov
A month later

"What is this Red Banquet thing?" I ask as Phil as I look at this invite on the table.

"I don't know but I found an invitation in your mail. I think Bad and Antfrost are hosting it." He explains.

"When is it?" I question between bites.

  "The 25th, which is in a week." Phil says. "Are you really thinking about going?"

  "Why not gives me something to do?" I say.

  "It could be a trap. Bad and Ant are not good people at the moment. They are both corrupted by the egg." He warns.

  "Right the weird egg thing. I'll be fine, surely it couldn't just be me who was invited." I state.

  "The people I know of who are invited are Foolish, Puffy, Niki, and Sam. You could go talk to them about the banquet." Phil suggests.

  "Alright I'll go right now." I state and finish my food before leaving the table. "See you later."

  I head to Puffy's house which is the closest. It's along the Prime Path up by Tommy's house. I turn left right before I get to Tommy's and see Puffy's house. It looks like one big mushroom. I knock on her front door as I arrive.

  The door opens with a swing and Puffy stands in the doorway. "Oh hey Y/n what are you doing here?" She asks.

  "Are you going to the Red Banquet?" I ask.

  "Yeah, were you invited?" She questions.

  I nod. "Phil wanted me to see if I would be alone or not. Is Foolish and Niki going as well?"

  "Why don't you come inside, and I can explain. And I don't want to get overheard." She says.

  "Alright." I agree and enter her house, she shuts the door and closes the blinds.

  "We all who are going don't trust Bad, Ant or Ponk. We have a backup plan if all goes wrong. And if you're going then I feel you should know about this too. Because we can't bring weapons in with us." She explains.

  "Who is we exactly?" I ask.

  "Foolish, Niki, Hannah, Sam, and Eret." Puffy says.

  "Oh okay just so you know Sam, he doesn't like me very much." I chuckle awkwardly.

  Puffy looks at me intrigued. "Might I ask why?"

  "Well, he may or may not have seen Dream and I...well on his security cameras in the prison." I mutter.

  Puffy's face just changes with probably many emotions. "Wow uh okay, that is uh...Sam will be fine with you coming, I'll make sure of it."

"Okay so what is this plan thing?" I ask.

"There will be a chest under the main table with items, in case it gets out of hand. I'll let Hannah know to add stuff for you. She's like our undercover spy." Puffy explains.

  "So how does this egg work? Why is it corrupting people?" I question.

  "We don't really know, but it's seems once anyone touches the blood vines. It speaks to them and they either end up hating it or loving it. It's very dangerous, it will offer you something of your greatest desires to manipulate you into helping the Egg. If you come into contact with it go straight to the Holy Lands and wash it off with the holy water." She warns.

  "Have you or any of the others touched it?" I ask.

"Sam, Hannah and I have. Sam and Hannah were trapped with the egg for a long period of time. It tried to bargain with them and manipulate their minds but I broke them out. I used to be corrupted, but one day I woke up and the egg was covered with obsidian. It had felt like I had control over myself again." Puffy replies.

"Oh shit I'm sorry." I exclaim.

  "Don't be, that's why we are trying to put an end to the egg. I don't know how but Sam and I are working on that." She says.

  "Alright I think Phil will start to worry if I'm not home soon, so I'll be seeing you in a week. Bye." I wave as I exit her house.

"Bye Y/n!" Puffy shouts and closes her door.

I walk down the Prime Path and head back to the castle. I think Phil wanted to have dinner with Techno, Niki and Ranboo tonight. I start sprinting back home so I'm not late to dinner.

  As I sprint the light starts fading from the sky and soon the stars are my only light. I slow down as I near the castle and partly because I'm out of breath. Suddenly I bump into someone who is going to opposite direction I am.

  "Sorry." I spit out to this person.

I get a better look at them and I'd recognize that white headband anywhere.

Sapnap.

"Y/n how have you been, I mean since your boyfriend's been in jail?" He almost chuckles.

  "What do you want?" I question.

  "Simple really, I want a promise. A promise that you won't free Dream." He demands.

"And why would I agree to that?" I ask.

"Because you owe me, I saved your life back when you sent Dream to prison." Sap says.

  "No you didn't, that was Punz." I scoff.

  "Yeah well, technically you're in debt to Punz. But he said I could use that debt to my own gain, because he doesn't want anything to do with you or Dream again. So a debt to Punz is a debt to me." He smirks.

  "What if I refuse?" I question.

  "I'll kill you." He threatens and pulls out his axe.

  I instinctively back away. "Listen we can work this out just please put that away." I plead as he only gets closer as I back away.

  "Give me your word you won't free Dream." He orders.

  Suddenly my back hits a tree and Sap is standing just a few steps in front of me. I attempt to run but he pushes me back into the tree. He then digs his axe into the side of my neck.

  "Sapnap stop!" I shout in pain as blood drops down my neck.

  "Your word!" He argues.

  "Fine fine! You have my word I won't try to free Dream!" I yell and he removes his axe from my neck.

  My hand immediately goes to cover up the cut he made to keep it from bleeding.

  "That wasn't so hard now was it? Great doing business with you." He states and steps back onto the path. "And remember if you break your word I'll kill you and everyone you love."

  I stand there completely in shock of what had just happened. My legs begin to feel weak and a wave of emotions just fall on me. I just slide down the tree and hug my knees into my chest.

1145 words
*EDITED*