Chapter 73

Y/n pov

  "Do you have any idea how long Techno plans to keep you here?" Dream asks as I lay beside him in his bed.

  "Nope, guess I'm stuck with you for the time being." I respond.

  "Hey I'm not complaining, you finally admitted you love me." He teases.

"Just because I admit something doesn't mean you get to make fun of me for it." I scoff.

"Yeah but this is worthy." He argues.

I sit up and grunt as I can feel the Egg wanting to push back through.

"You okay?" He questions.

"Yeah I'm fine. It's just I don't know how much longer I can fight the Egg. It's fighting really hard to take control." I explain.

  "I could just kiss you again and make it all go away." Dream states with such pride.

  "Shut up, that doesn't change anything." I argue.

  "We can always try." He urges.

  "Don't be needy." I state teasing him a little.

He chuckles and pulls me back down.

  "Dream come on, no more." I urge as I lay in his arms. "Ah, fuck." I exclaim and put one hand to my head.

"Y/n." He whispers and looks at me.

"I-I can't keep it out." I stutter trying to fight the Egg but the pain is too much. And I give in.

"Y/n! Are you okay? Please tell me you're okay." Dream pleads and sits up.

I sit up with him and stare into his eyes. "I'm fine." I say. Even though I didn't mean it. It just came out.

"Did Techno tell you anything about how to break the connection?" Dream asks.

"No." I state.

  "We'll just have to figure it out, I don't like to see you like this. It hurts me more than you know." He says.

"Do you really love me?" My voice speaks without my permission. It's a question I've wanted to ask but never had the gut to.

"Y/n come on. You know the answer." He states in disbelief.

"I want to hear you say it, and mean it. Not because your life depends on it, and not because your trying to manipulate me." I say more seriously.

He nods, and then takes a deep breath. He goes to speak but nothing comes out. It's like he choked on his words.

"I knew it. You don't love me, you're still just using me to stay alive aren't you?" I am quick to say.

"No it's not like that." He urges and places his hands on my shoulders.

"Get your hands off me." I demand and shove them off of me. "Why, just why was I so dumb enough to think you really loved me."

"Because Y/n..." He grabs my chin and forces me to look at him. "I do love you, not for survival and not to manipulate you. I would die for you."

"Don't listen to his lies." The Egg urges me.

"But what if he isn't lying." I exclaim inside my head.

"Do you really believe the guy that abused you for power, the guy that tortured you for his entertainment. He killed you're brother and you just forgive him like that? You're more weak than I imagined." It taunts and sounds disappointed.