Chapter 33

"Where are we going?" I ask as he keeps running.

  "Anywhere, it's not safe for you right now." He says slowing down.

"We've only been running for a little over an hour why are we stopping?"

"It's already getting dark, probably best to just camp the night right here." Dream says as he looks closer to my arms.

He must've not realized any of the cuts.

  "Y/n..." His voice trails off faintly.

  "It's fine, really. It doesn't hurt that bad." I say and pull my arm away from him. "Let's just get some rest tonight."

  "Alright then." He says and pulls me into a hug.

  This took me by surprise and I feel so awkward. But he feels warm, and comforting. The wind brushes through the air creating a slight uneasy noise. The moon shines right through all the leaves on the trees.
  Dream lays down and I lay beside him. We look up at the stars which were very pretty tonight. Everything feels so calming. This is the best feeling. Dream holds me close as find myself shivering in his arms.

  "You know I love you right?" Dream says ever so softly.

  "Yeah." I whisper feeling hesitate.

  Maybe this is why I loved Dream. This side of him is nice, he isn't trying to destroy anyone or anything. He's just being sweet and more himself. I don't know why he acts so threatening all the time. But I can't keep questioning this. He's my enemy he will always be. It will never change no matter what we do.

"Will we just keep running our whole lives?" I ask.

"No we'll find someplace happy. Someplace where Techno will never find us. Where we can live peacefully and no wars." He looks at me and smiles. "I don't care how long we have to travel for me to make that happen."

I let out a laugh. "You dream big." I say knowing I left a trail of blood all the way to our location. Techno will be able to find us and when he does, well it'll be over.

  But in the meantime I rest my head on his arm and slowly drift asleep.

  "Y/n wake up."

  I open my eyes to see Dream looking over me. I sit up and see daylight covered with clouds. There's fog everywhere in the woods.

  "I'm up." I say and slowly get to my fear.

  "We should move now." He says and takes my hand.

  I smile and he starts walking. But then we hear a crack in the trees behind us. We both stop, Dream takes out his axe. I come to my senses and realize I should pull my sword out as well. So my silver blade slides out of my holster.

  "Going somewhere?" His monotone voice booms in the very quiet forest.

  Dream stays quiet and so do I.

  "You were clever. But just not clever enough, and you really believed you could outrun me?" Techno teases as he doesn't make an appearance anywhere.

  "Get out of the shadows and come fight me you coward!" Dream yells in slight anger.

  At that moment I see Techno stepping out of the woods and into the small circle of light. He's laughing as he does.

  Then Dream lunges at Techno with his axe, swinging at him left and right. I stay on the defensive side of this fight and not go in right away. Techno blocks Dream's attacks and then counters with his pickaxe. He swings it and it comes down hard on Dream's shield causing it to break.

  Dream tosses his broken shield away and blocks the next attack with his sword. Techno pushes down on Dream as he's barley holding on.
Right as Dreams about to lose Techno looks up at me. He makes that face (like he did during The Festival) asking what he should do.

I mouth the words come at me.

"Touch her and I'll kill you." Dream threatens as he must've noticed Techno looking at me.

"Well then kill me." Techno says and lets off of Dream and quickly grabs me and holds a dagger against my neck.

Dream instinctively starts to run towards us.

"I wouldn't if I were you." Techno says pushing the blade into my skin.

Dream stops. "Techno, let her go. You don't have to do this." Dream pleads.

"The thing is Dream, I do. You'll lose the only thing keeping that country from coming after you. And why not cause some chaos?" Techno smirks with a small chuckle.

  "Please I-I will do...anything." Dream hesitates to say.

  "Anything?" Techno questions.

  "Y-Yes." Dream gives in and drops his axe.

  Techno laughs. "Yeah no. But it is funny to see you, you of all people begging...well me."

  He starts digging the blade deeper into my neck. Blood dripping down my chest. "D-Dream please help." I say with the rest of my energy, trying to be convincing.

  I see Dream's anger and frustration showing. He picks his axe back up and holds it to his side.

  "Do you really want to fight again?" Techno asks with no surprise.

  Dream starts to smirk and he grips his axe tightly.

  Techno takes his pickaxe and slices behind my leg and then throws me to the ground. He then runs at Dream ready to fight. They trade hits for about 10 minutes. Then Dream manages to get a good shot on Techno. He dodges his swing and pulls out his bow and arrow. Dream shoots Techno in the leg and as Techno grunts, Dream shoots another at his arm.
Dream has gotten good distance from Techno. Which is bad because Techno doesn't have his bow. Techno pulls out both arrows and tosses them to the ground. Then he charges at Dream, as he draws another arrow. Techno dodges every arrow and runs into Dream.

Dream stabs Techno with his axe but Techno keeps fighting. Eventually Techno cuts Dream deep enough to which he can't fight anymore. He pulls Dream closer to me and drops him to the ground. Then Techno comes over to me. He grabs my hair and pulls my head up, holding that same dagger to my neck.

"You get to watch as I kill her. It will hurt more." Techno demands.

I look at Dream who is cowering on the ground all beaten up. His legs look as if they were to break. And his whole body is full of bleeding cuts and bruises.

He looks at me, his face on the verge of tears.

Before I could think anymore Techno pulls that silver blade across my neck. It burns and feels like fire. He lets me fall and before my eyes close the last thing I see is Dream crawling over to me. Whispering that he's sorry.

1142 words
*EDITED*