Chapter 62

The Red Banquet
April 25, 2021

"Y/n be careful, you can't trust these people." Phil warns as I zip up my dress.

"I know." I say and lift up my skirt just enough for him to see a small dagger, which is attached to a black leather harness strapped on my thigh.

"That won't be enough to take on the whole Eggpire." He condescends.

"Yeah well we aren't allowed weapons anyways so it's the best I can do." I roll my eyes as I look at myself in the mirror.

Niki sure knows how to make one hell of a dress. It has off the shoulder sleeves and it cuts down the middle like a triangle. Around the back it cuts low with a beautiful flowery clip to keep the dress from falling. And as leaf shaped patterns flow from the shoulders to the waist area. Then the skirt puffs out slightly but then falls to right above my knees. Everything about this dress is a dark red, just about the color of blood.

I tie my hair up in a lose ponytail leaving a few strands out for looks. I then put on my black lace up combat boots just in case I need to run.

  "I think I'm ready." I say to Phil as he's waiting outside my door.

  "Alright Niki is waiting let's go..." He states and I follow him as he escorts us to Puffy's house.

  Puffy had told us to meet her at her house before the banquet, and we'd all go together. As we approach her house I see Hannah and Sam standing outside, already there with Puffy.

"Bye Phil." I whisper and head towards them.

"Y/n! Niki!" Puffy exclaims.

I can't help but smile with so much happiness. It feels great to be with Puffy, she makes me feel safe and protected. Kinda like how Will used to.

"Hi, I'm Hannah I don't think we've met." Hannah says and holds out her hand to greet me.

"Hello Hannah, I'm Y/n and it's nice to finally meet you." I say as I shake her hand.

I catch a glimpse at Sam and he doesn't look like he's enjoying my company. But it's whatever Sam doesn't like me and I could care less.

  "God damn you Foolish, we're gonna be late." Puffy exclaims as she looks at her watch.

  "I'm here I'm here!" Foolish shouts gasping for breath. "I-I just ran- all the way- here from my summer home." He barley makes out.

Puffy let's out a small laugh at Foolish as he stands there completely out of breath. "Well it's time to leave now, Foolish you think you can handle a bit of walking?" She says and starts leading us to the banquet location.

"I- Uh yeah I got this." He pants as he stumbles along.

~~~

"Down here guys." Puffy says pointing to the hole in the ground with stairs leading down.

"Underground. Not creepy at all." I state as the sarcasm rolls off my tongue.

  "Weapons in the bin." Ant orders as we arrive at the end of the staircase.

  Puffy drops her sword and a few knives into the bin. Niki puts a sword in as well. Sam, Foolish and Hannah don't seem to have anything on them, seeing as they didn't put anything in the bin. I drop a knife in to not seem suspicious. Then we follow Bad and he takes us to a dance floor.
  I see a few others who didn't come with us. George, Fundy, Eret, and Hbomb. They are all just talking and having fun on the dance floor. Puffy and Niki join in with the fun, while Sam and Hannah just stay in a corner.

I walk over to Foolish. "So, how you doing?" I ask.

"I've been better." He replies. "What about you?"

"I don't even know, I visited Dream a couple times. Then Sam banned me from the prison." I roll my eyes in annoyance of Sam.

"That sucks." He pauses. "Wait why did Sam ban you?" He says as if he just realized what I had said.

"One he thinks I'm going to free Dream. Two I uh had sex with Dream in the prison, on the security cameras." I say trying to make it sound not as bad as it is. "Twice..."

Foolish's eyes widen with surprise. "You did what?!" He exclaims a little too loud.

Many people's heads turn and look at us. The room goes silent. I smile awkwardly. Then they all go back to their conversations.

"Yeah I definitely fucked Dream, twice. You heard me right." I whisper to him as he tries to find the right words to say.

  "I- wh-what I mean- uh you do you I guess." He stutters.

  "Uh so my days are going just terribly but you know still breathing so guess that's a plus." I blurt out before he made this even more awkward than it is.

"You know Y/n feel free to never have the need to tell me about your sex life. I'm just here for moral support not the details." Foolish says.

"Alright will do man." I nod my head and start walking away.

  He certainly has a lot to think about thanks to me. Great.

  "Hey George, haven't seen you in a while." I say as I walk up to George and Eret. "You too Eret."

  "What's up Y/n?" George asks.

  "Hello Y/n." Eret says.

"How has you guy's life's been?" I ask.

"I have been great now that I'm living in Kinoko Kingdom with Karl and Sapnap." George smiles.

"I've been good, just exploring the lands and coming back ever so often." Eret says.

"Well it's nice to have you back Eret, you've always been good to me." I reply.

  "Everyone gather round!" Bad shouts as he steps onto the dance floor.

The room goes silent as all attention on Bad.

"Why don't you all take a seat at the table and we'll begin shortly." He suggests motioning towards the long table right beside the dance door.

Creepy long table in a creepy underground room. What could go wrong?

1033 words
*EDITED*